I firmly believe in
- Life Long Learning
- Fun with Learning
- Youth Leadership
- Paying back the Metta and Cetana of our ancestors and mentors
- Sharing Knowledge and Expertise
- Studying and recording the history of our beloved land
- “Dream big. Others can usually help fulfill your sweet dreams.”
Life Long Learner
I learn new things every day.
I listen to a Blinkist and Merriam Webster’s “Word of the day” podcast daily.
I write or update several posts in FB and this website.
I have created three Facebook groups named
- Life Long Learning
- Fun with Learning
- Myanmar 2021
I practice the “Pillars of Learning” :
- Learning to know
- Learning to do
- Learning to be
- Learning to live
Paying back to our Ancestors and Mentors
I have studied and/or taught at
- PPBRS (Private Primary Boundary Road School)
- SPHS (St. Paul’s High School)
- RU (Rangoon University)
- RIT (Rangoon Institute of Technology)
- UCC (Universities Computer Center)
- DCS (Department of Computer Science)
- ICST (Institute of Computer Science and Technology)
I am indebted to my parents and my teachers — Thin Saya, Myin Saya and Kyar Saya — for helping me develop a passion for Learning and Dissemination of Knowledge and Expertise.
Our ancestors were philanthropists. They donated schools and books, hospitals and medicine, and buildings (Tazaung, Zayat, Shelter)
I am trying to emulate the philanthropy of our ancestors by sharing my knowledge and expertise.
Sharing Knowledge and Expertise
I am a Jack of all trades and Master of some.
I want to share my Knowledge and Expertise that I have gained as
- Software Craftsman (Developer / Engineer)
- Distinguished Toastmaster
- Freelance Author, Translator and Interpreter
- Editor of several newsletters and books
- Amateur Historian and Folklorist
Recording history of our beloved land
- Love history.
- Was a member of “History of Myanmar Engineering Education (HMEE) Project”.
U Ohn Khine (M70) and I compiled the CD supplement for HMEE-2012 book.
- Was a Docent at the “Computer History Museum” in Mountain View, California, USA.
- Published 3000+ posts.
Initially named them as “Trivia”, but many readers felt that they are more than Trivia.
Have revised / reorganized the posts with appropriate categories.
- Requesting Subject Matter Experts (SME) to provide interest to feedback and suggestions.
- Broadcast 200+ Short Talks from August 2020 to February 2021.
- Hope that my posts and videos will be helpful to scholars and historians (especially in Myanmar).
I wrote and/or reviewed articles, translations and poems for
- National Foreign Language Center (NFLC)
University of Maryland, College Park
Burmese Language Lessons (Listening and Reading)
- Encyclopedia of Asian American Folklore and Folklife
Can access my articles from Google Books.
- Moe Ma Ka
- RIT Alumni International Newsletter
Started in April 1999
- Swel Daw Yeik Sar Saung
Poems for SPZP-2002 and SPZP-2007
Article for SPZP-2010
- Swel Daw Yeik Magazine
Article for SPZP-2012
- History of Myanmar Engineering Education Project
U Ohn Khine (M70) and I compiled the CD Supplement for HMEE-2012 Book
- BAPS Newsletter
Contributing Editor for Burmese American Professional Society
- Dhammananda Newsletter
Contributing Editor for Dhammananda Vihara (Half Moon Bay, California) and Theravada Buddhist Society of America (TBSA)
- Paying Homage to Sayadaw U Silanandabhimvama
Contributing Editor and Member of Publications Committee
- Rangoon University Boat Club (RUBC)
90th Anniversary Issue
- Guardian Newspaper
Poems (e.g. Men on the Moon) and articles (e.g. Computers and Applications) in English
- Working People’s Daily (WPD)
Poems (e.g. Phaung daw-u Festival) and Translation (e.g. Still So Young) in English
- Forward Magazine
Poems (e.g. To the Fallen Warrior) in English
- Veda Magazine
Articles for Burma Astro Research Bureau (BARB)
- Pan Magazine
Articles in Burmese
- High School Mathematics Project
Member of Editorial Team
- Team of System Specialists (TOSS)
Computer Education and Application
- Set Hmu Thadin Zin
Short notes for RIT Newsletter
- Hlyat Sit Sar Saung
Articles for RIT EE Publication
I have volunteered for
- Computer History Museum (CHM)
- History of Myanmar Engineering Education (HMEE)
- Toastmasters International
- San Francisco Bay Area ACM Chapter
- 2010 Census Count Committee
- RIT Alumni International
- NorCal RIT Alumni Association
- Tathagata Meditation Center (TMC)
- Theravada Buddhist Society of America (TBSA)
“If one person can dream, others will fulfill”
The saying is attributed to Jules Verne who dreamed and wrote about space ships, submarines, and travel around the globe.
I hope that you have time and energy to read my posts and provide feedback, reviews and suggestions for improvement.
Please help fulfill my dream of compiling Oral and Written History of our beloved land.