Update : February 26, 2020
I believe in
- Life Long Learning
- Fun with Learning
- Paying back the Metta and Cetana of our ancestors and mentors
- Sharing Knowledge and Expertise
- Studying and recording the history of our beloved land
- “If one person can dream, others will fulfill”
Life Long Learning
I am a life-long learner.
I have tried to follow the “Pillars of Learning” :
- Learning to know
- Learning to do
- Learning to be
- Learning to live
Fun with Learning
I have created a Facebook group named “Fun with Learning”
Paying back the Metta and Cetana of our ancestors and mentors
I have studied and/or taught at
- PPBRS (Private Primary Boundary Road School)
- SPHS (St. Paul’s High School)
- RU (Rangoon University
- RIT (Rangoon Institute of Technology)
- UCC (Universities Computer Center)
- DCS (Department of Computer Science)
- ICST (Institute of Computer Science and Technology)
I am indebted to my parents and my teachers — Thin Saya, Myin Saya and Kyar Saya — for helping me develop a passion for Learning and Dissemination of Knowledge and Expertise.
Our ancestors were philanthropists. They donated schools and books, hospitals and medicine, and buildings (Tazaung, zayat, shelter).
I am trying to emulate the philanthropy of our ancestors by sharing my knowledge and expertise.
Sharing Knowledge and Expertise
I am a Jack of all trades and Master of some.
I want to share my Knowledge and Expertise that I have gained as
- Software developer / engineer
- Distinguished Toastmaster
- Freelance author, translator and interpreter
- Editor of several newsletters and books
- Amateur Historian and Folklorist
Studying and recording the history of our beloved land
- I love history.
- I have volunteered for “History of Myanmar Engineering Education Project”.
- I also served as a volunteer Docent at the “Computer History Museum” in Moutain View, California, USA.
- I have published 2600+ posts. I initially named then as “Trivia”. I have since renamed the titles with appropriate categories. (see “Categories“)
- I am revising the posts to provide topics of interest to scholars and historians (especially in Myanmar).
I wrote and/or reviewed articles, translations and poems for
- WPD (Working People’s Daily)
- Forward Magazine
- Veda Magazine
- Pan Magazine
- High School Mathematics Project
- TOSS (Team of System Specialists)
- RUBC (Rangoon University Boat Club)
- Set Hmu Thadin Zin
- Hlyat Sit Sar Saung
- Swel Daw Yeik Sar Saung
- Swel Daw Yeik Magazine
- Moe Ma Ka
- RIT Alumni International Newsletter
- BAPS Newsletter
- Dhammananda Newsletter
- NLC (National Language Center)
- Encyclopedia of Asian American Folklore and Folklife
I have volunteered as
- Computer History Museum
- History of Myanmar Engineering Education
- Toastmasters International
- San Francisco Bay Area ACM Chapter
- 2010 Census Count Committee
- RIT Alumni International
- NorCal RIT Alumni Association
- TMC (Tathagata Meditation Center)
- TBSA (Theravada Buddhist Society of America)
“If one person can dream, others will fulfill”
The saying is attributed to Jules Verne who dreamed and wrote about space ships, submarines, travel around the globe, …
I hope that you have time and energy to review my posts and provide suggestions for improvement. I also want you to help fulfill my dream of compiling Oral and Written History of our beloved land.