1961 saw the first batch of female Engineering graduates :
Sayama Julie Han (T61, GBNF)
Daw Yin Yin Kyi (T61)
Daw Mi Mi Lay (T61)
Dr. Julie Han received Doctorate in Material Science and worked for several companies in USA. She was Vice President and Fundraiser for TBSA (Theravada Buddhist Association of America) along Saya U Htin Paw (EE58, President of TBSA, GBNF). ￼Both attended SPZP-2000. When she passed away, Saya donated $2000 to TBSA in her memory.
U Thwin was Principal of Technical High School on Boundary Road. His daughters Amy and Dolly (Ni Ni Thwin, ChE64) are engineers. Sadly, both are GBNF.
* Sayama Julie was also known as Julie Han Wood. She passed away in San Diego, California.
* Sayama Amy’s spouse was a Lecturer at GTI.
* Daw Yin Yin Kyi married U Aung Gyi (Simon, ChE62). They moved to Australia.
* Daw Mi Mi Lay attended MES Thet Kyee Pu Zaw Pwe.
* Pauline was the first female ChE graduate. She moved to Thailand.
Categories: Sad But True