Update : December 7, 2022
- He founded BMRI (Burma Medical Research Institute) and served as its inaugural Director. BMRI was later known as DMR (Directorate of Medical Research).
- His successors include Dr. Aung Than Ba Tu, Dr. U Khin Maung Tun, and Dr. Daw May May Yee.
- Saya passed away in Australia. Dr. Thane Oke Kyaw Myint posted about his Last Journey.
- Saya and Daw Khin Thet Htar compiled and published Two Editions of “Who’s Who in Health & Medicine (Teaching, Practice & Research) in Burma?”
- Dr. Nyunt Wai (Victor) received the book from Daw Khin Thet Htar.He is thankful for the monumental book by Saya’s Thet Htar. *
- Daw Aye Aye Khin posted some pages from the book (including an article by her late mother Dr. Daw Khin Kyi Nyunt).
- Dr. Aung Than Ba Tu requested UCC to give talks at BMRI. I gave a couple of lectures.
- Dr. U Khin Maung Tin served as Medical Superintendent of the RU (Rangoon University) Hospital.
- Dr. Daw May May Yee served as Professor of Physiology at IM(2). She was a Staff Member at the Inlay Khaung Daing Luyechun Camp in the Summer of 1965.
- Dr. Nyunt Wai posted a photo of the then young Medical Researchers.
- Dr. Thein Toe (GBNF), Dr. Khin Kyi Nyunt (GBNF), Dr. Khin Maung U (SPHS63), Dr. Paing Soe (SPHS65), Dr. Kyaw Min (SPHS65) are some alumni of BMRI/DMR.