Update : November 15, 2022
Life Long Learning
Fun with Learning
- Paying back the Metta and Cetana of our ancestors and mentors
- Caring and Sharing
- Importance of studying history
- I learn new things every day.
- I listen to Blinkist daily.
Blinks take less than 25 minutes.
- I study Merriam Webster’s “Word of the day” podcast.
It discusses the Etymology and Usage of words.
- I have created a Facebook group named “Fun with Learning“.
In my younger days, I was fascinated by books such as “Fun with Mathematics”,
and “How and Why”
- I practice the “Pillars of Learning” :
Learning to know
Learning to do
Learning to be
Learning to live
Paying back to our Ancestors and Mentors
I have studied and/or taught at
- PPBRS (Private Primary Boundary Road School)
- SPHS (St. Paul’s High School)
- RU (Rangoon University)
- RIT (Rangoon Institute of Technology)
- UCC (Universities Computer Center)
- DCS (Department of Computer Science)
- ICST (Institute of Computer Science and Technology)
I am indebted to my parents and my teachers — Thin Saya, Myin Saya and Kyar Saya — for helping me develop a passion for Learning and Dissemination of Knowledge and Expertise.
Our ancestors were philanthropists. They donated schools and books, hospitals and medicine, and buildings (Tazaung, Zayat, Shelter).
I am trying to emulate the philanthropy of our ancestors by sharing my knowledge and expertise.
Sharing Knowledge and Expertise
I am a Jack of all trades and Master of some.
I want to share my Knowledge and Expertise that I have gained as
- Software Craftsman (Developer / Engineer)
- Distinguished Toastmaster
- Freelance author, translator and interpreter
- Editor of several newsletters and books
- Amateur Historian and Folklorist
Recording history of our beloved land
- I love history.
- I was a member of History of Myanmar Engineering Education (HMEE) Project.
U Ohn Khine and I compiled the CD supplement for HMEE-2012 book.
- I was a Docent at the Computer History Museum (CHM) in Mountain View, California, USA.
- I have published 3000+ posts.
I initially named then as “Trivia”, but many readers felt that they are more than Trivia.
I have revised / reorganized the posts with appropriate categories.
- I am requesting Subject Matter Experts (SME) to provide interest to feedback and suggestions.
- I hope that my posts will be helpful to scholars and historians (especially in Myanmar).
I wrote, edited and translated articles and poems for
- Working People’s Daily (WPD)
- Forward Magazine
- Veda Magazine
- Pan Magazine
- High School Mathematics Project
- Team of System Specialists (TOSS)
- Rangoon University Boat Club (RUBC)
- Set Hmu Thadin Zin
- Hlyat Sit Sar Saung
- Swel Daw Yeik Sar Saung
- Swel Daw Yeik Magazine
- Moe Ma Ka
- RIT Alumni International Newsletter
- BAPS Newsletter
- Dhammananda Newsletter
- National Foreign Language Center (NFLC)
- Encyclopedia of Asian American Folklore and Folklife (AAFF)
I have volunteered for
- Computer History Museum (CHM)
- History of Myanmar Engineering Education (HMEE)
- Toastmasters International
- San Francisco Bay Area ACM Chapter
- RIT Alumni International
- NorCal RIT Alumni Association
- Tathagata Meditation Center (TMC)
- Theravada Buddhist Society of America (TBSA)
- 2010 Census Count Committee
“If one person can dream, others will fulfill”
The saying is attributed to Jules Verne who dreamed and wrote about space ships, submarines, and travel around the globe.
I hope that you have time and energy to read my posts and provide feedback, reviews and suggestions for improvement.
Please help fulfill my dream of compiling Oral and Written History of our beloved land.
Categories: V W X Y Z