Update : November 15, 2022
In our younger days, we had to study
- Active Voice
- Passive Voice.
Advice by Saya Dr. Aung Gyi
Saya Dr. Aung Gyi reminds us to be
- Physically Active
- Mentally Active
- Socially Active.
- One can stay physically active by walking, running, biking, swimming or exercising at a gym.
One should do proper warm up and cool down.
- Saw Maung Maung Htwe (Intake of 64) was Inter-Institute Marathon Champion.
He stays fit by running daily and competing in long distance events all over Myanmar.
He is the most senior among the active Marathoners.
In 2018, I met him in Mandalay, where he had just completed his long distance race. We had a quick chat.
In 2019, I saw him running all the way to attend the Reunion and Acaiya Pu Zaw Pwe of the Combined 1st BE Intake of 64 and 65.
- Khin Maung Myint (M71) stays active by competing in events in several countries (e.g. Myanmar, Singapore, Middle East).
He represented RIT in Rowing.
There are three Khin Maung Myint in the Class of 71.
- I ride a stationary bike daily for about half an hour.
- One can stay mentally active by reading, writing, playing word games & cards, and meditating.
- One can also exercise one’s mind (e.g. recalling the events associated with a picture).
- Ivan Lee’s mother lived up to be 102 by being mentally active.
She played Mah Jong two hours daily.
- I listen to several Blinks daily.
- I listen to Merriam Webster’s WOTD (Word of the day) podcasts.
- I update articles and posts in Facebook Groups and my websites as time and energy permit.
- From August 2020 to February 2021, I broadcast 200+ Short Videos.
- One can stay socially active by attending events (e.g. Toastmasters International, Meetups, celebrations).
- One can also be active on the Social Media.
- I have close to 3000 posts in my web site hlamin.com
I am Admin or Moderator in selected Facebook groups such as
Life Long Learning
- I posted 200+ Short Videos on Facebook and YouTube between August 2020 and February 2021.
Feedback from U Aye Myint (C72)
Who is Saw Maung Maung Htwe? It seems that I knew him in RIT if am right. We both sat together in front of RIT in our past young active days. We were chatting in my last days in RIT in 1972 just before some days to leave my beloved RIT where I am a final year hostel student staying room E69 of RIT hostel Block E where U Nyi Hla Nge was our hostel manager .
I recall his face on the Lake side photo that you posted. I remember his face similar with one that I met him in our RIT young student days in 1966-1972. We were dear and near friends staying in RIT Hostel. He was a very friendly national student. He was not the same major with me. I did not know when he passed and lleft RIT. Is he still living in Yangon or moved to places (e.g. USA , Australia ,UK, Canada like many intelligent RIT alumni Sayars and students . U Maung Maung Htwe was seemingly active in your photo. Good luck
Aye Myint ( Nyaungdone )
Categories: A B C