Update : November 14, 2022
- Island in Indonesia
- Programming Language
Who is a Jew?
- Member of the Jewish people and the Jewish Community
- One whose mother is a Jew
- One who had converted to Judaism
- Usually believes that he is related to the ancient Hebrews (led by Abraham)
- Probably speaks Yiddish
- Can be orthodox, liberal or irreligious
- May study the teachings of the Talmud and the Torah
- Can be misunderstood by others (notably the Nazis)
- May be stereotyped as greedy (as in Shylock the Jew), stingy
- Can be a descendant of the victims and survivors of the Holocaust
Many Russian Jews were told to leave. They had two choices to relocate :
(b) other countries (including USA if they had sponsors)
- In our younger days, there were jokes about Sir Isaac Newton.
- Later, there were jokes about Albert Einstein.
- It is possible that someone made or modified a joke about an absent minded professor and then attributed to a famous person.
Einstein Joke (1)
It was raining.
Einstein took off his hat and hid it in his coat.
A student asked “Why?”
Einstein’s reply : “My hat is new and can be damaged. But my head cannot be damaged by the rain.”
Einstein Joke (2)
A ticket inspector boarded a train.
Einstein searched for his pockets.
The inspector said, “You need not show me the ticket. You are Einstein.”
Einstein’s reply : “I do not know which stop I should get down.”
Einstein Joke (3)
Einstein was carrying a stack of books.
He collided with a beautiful student.
The books fell down.
The student collected the books and returned them to Einstein.
Einstein asked, “Which way was I going?”
The student replied, “You were going towards the school.”
Einstein felt relieved. “Then, I must had my lunch at home.”
RIT Joke (1) : Set Hmu [Maung] Thein Aung
U Thein Aung (M72) presents the differentiation with U Thein Aung (Met72).
- I am Set Hmu — Maung Thein Aung.
I am Maung Thein Aung studying Mechanical Engineering.
- He is Set Hmu Maung — Thein Aung.
He is Thein Aung, who won Mr. RIT award / Sa Lwei Thaing in 1968.
RIT Joke (2) : Ba La Gyi vs. Ba Lar Gyi
- During his RIT days, U Thein Aung (Met72) was “Ba La Gyi” (full of strength and prowess).
- Lately, he has become “Ba Lar Gyi” (nothing notable left).
RIT Joke (3) : Kar Ku La Thin Char
Saya U Aung Myint (Pet69, Kyant Ba Hone) drew a cartoon:
“Ah Ba, Kar Ku La Thin Char (Calculus) is fascinating.
If you differentiate a La Da, you get a Sargalay.
If you integrate a Sargalay, you get back a La Da.”
- At a 69er gathering, Daw Saw Yu Tint (T69) greeted U Khin Maung Win (EP69) as Sargalay (“sparrow”).
- He replied, “I am no longer Sargalay. I have became a La Da. “
Categories: J K L