Update : November 13, 2022
- During our RIT days, U Win Thein (M67) was a super energetic organizer and a prime mover.
- Co-founded “Set Hmu Thadizin Zin“.
Typing and drawing on “stencil paper” are not easy, but he spent time crafting the stencils into the revered weekly Thadinzin.
- Co-founded the Magazine for the RIT Mechanical Engineering Association.
- Suggested to name the main gate as “U Lu Paw Gate”
after the famous cartoon character from “Burma Star”.
- Organized ad hoc mini-festivals for the freshers and the junior students.
- Member of the Gold Flake Cigarette Family.
Inherited the business acumen and organization skills from his parents and uncles.
- Worked for Sittaung Paper Mill and PCIC.
- After retiring from government service, he founded a successful business named “Ya Tha Cho“.
- He did not live long enough to see the
Swel Daw Yeik Foundation (SDYF),
Alumni Association (ARITA),
History of Myanmar Engineering Education (HMEE), and
The following are some who remembered the contributions of U Win Thein very well.
- U Tin Maung Aye (M69),
Member of RIT Ah Nu Pyinnya Troupe,
Member of RIT Annual Magazine, and
Co-worker at PCIC.
He gave us two photos of U Win Thein (one at RIT, one at PCIC)
- U Aung Min (M69),
Chair of 69er Health Care Fund and
Organizer for the Class of 69
- U Thein Swe (EP69, GBNF),
RIT 3rd BE Luyechun and
Organizer of EE69er Gatherings
- U Maung Maung Kyi (Dip Ing, Wales),
Co-worker at Sittaung Paper Mill and PCIC
- Sayama Daw Tin Tin Myint (Emma, ChE70, Singapore),
Co-founder of Dana Sri Lanka,
Organizer of Singapore Pon Chan Chan Group
- U Wynn Htain Oo (M72),
Super Fund raiser for RIT-related activities
including SPZPs, YTU Library Modernization Project,
Patron of RITAA
Categories: 1948 - 1968