Update : November 13,
- Most members matriculated in 1947 and graduated with B.Sc.(Engg) in 1953.
- U Ba Than left before graduation to study at Imperial College, University of London.
Saya U Ba Than (M)
- Collegiate Scholarship in the Matriculation of 1947
- Gold Medalist for highest marks in Intermediate examinations in 1949
- Left RU before graduation to study Mechanical Engineering at Imperial College, London University.
Received B.Sc. (Special)
- Upon return to Burma, joined RU as Assistant Lecturer.
- Returned to Imperial College to get MS.
- Upon return to Burma, promoted to Lecturer.
- Retired as Professor of Mechanical Engineering.
- Early supporter of HMEE (History of Myanmar Engineering Education) project in 2012.
Hosted first HMEE meeting at Winner Inn (run by his son U Ye Than).
Donated photo albums for use at MES (Myanmar Engineering Society) and for HMEE project.
- Celebrated his 92nd birthday in October 2022.
Saya U Tin Swe (EE53, GBNF)
- Member of the Prome Hall soccer team which won the Inter-Hall tournament for two consecutive years.
- Played good tennis.
- Received B.Sc. (Engg) in Electrical Engineering in 1953.
- Joined the EE Department as Assistant Lecturer.
- Received MS from University of Michigan.
- Upon return to Burma, he was promoted to Lecturer.
- Power user at UCC in the 1970s.
He and his former students Dr. San Oo (EP67) and U Aung Kyaw Pe (EP69) developed and ran programs related to power systems.
U Chan Tha (C, GBNF)
- Multi-sport athlete.
- Led the Prome Hall soccer team to victory in the Inter-Hall tournament for two consecutive years.
- Played soccer for Rangoon University and later for SAMB.
- Past Captain and Gold of RUBC.
- Senior Engineer / Manager of Rangoon Municipal Corporation.
- Passed away in his late 80s in the USA.
Categories: 1948 - 1968, Proj 2
Leave a Reply