- Maung Ngwe Hlinne is the pen name of Saya U Thet Lwin, who taught Burmese at the Institute of Economics and later transferred to RIT as Registrar.
- At RIT, he served as Publisher of RIT Annual Magazine and Patron of RIT Ah Nu Pyinna Ah Thinn.
- He served as Administrator at RASU and Director at DHE.
- He is a distinguished Composer.
His songs include “Mya Kyun Nyo Nyo”, which won a “Dat Pya” (recording) from BBS (Burma Broadcasting Service) with a remuneration of K100.
He shared the money with his team of musicians.
- [Saya Dr. Soe Win] : My father Saya Sein was U Thet Lwin‘s Burmese teacher at St. Paul’s High School.
Categories: Rangoon University