- It is a time honored tradition to pay respect to one’s parents, mentors and elders.
- Garawa can be performed at any time.
- Thadingyut is one occasion where most Burmese pay respect to their elders.
- In our younger days, some come to our parent’s house with BOC candles, bananas, or token items of gratitude.
- Several former students (mostly retired Professors) paid respect to Saya Dr. Soe Win (retired Rector of YUFL) and Sayama Daw May Saw Lwin (Chemistry).
- Saya earlier missed the Puzaw Pwe of ICST/UCSY, since he was hospitalized for about 10 days.
Dr. Soe Win wrote :
It’s absolutely amazing how you put together your Trivia with accuracy, correct timing and up-to-date. It’s not enough to say you are a walking encyclopedia. I enjoy and benefited by your Trivias as do many others. Thank you.
Categories: Hla Min