- The First RIT Grand Reunion and Saya Pu Zaw Pwe was hosted by RIT Alumni International in October 2000.
- It was a two-day Formal Event preceded by a Welcome Dinner for SPZP-2000 attendees at a SF Bay Area Seafood Restaurant.
- The photo shows Saya Dr. Aung Gyi (Canada), Saya U Min Wun (Southern California) and Saya U Ba Toke (Myanmar, GBNF).
Golden Jubilee of Graduation in 2019
- The Class of RIT 1969 celebrated the Golden Jubilee of Graduation in December 2019.
- A Reunion and Acariya Pu Zaw Pwe was held at the Assembly Hall in the Gyogone Campus in the morning.
- Some 69ers from overseas (USA, Singapore …) attended the Golden Jubilee celebrations.
- Glad to see Daw Tin Tin (Ann, EC69) come back from USA to the Campus for the first time since Graduation.
She donated to the event and also to the 69er HCF (Health Care Fund).
- About 320 students who had passed the last ever I.Sc.(A) examination were admitted to the first ever 2nd BE at RIT (Rangoon Institute of Technology).
- Most of them graduated in 1969.
A few took sabbatical and graduated later.
Some left RIT before graduation.
- The Dinner and Entertainment Program was hosted by U Aung Min (M69, Chair of 69er HCF) and team at the premises of his old PWD office.
Gathering in Northern California
- SF Bay Area Group hosted several gatherings in Northern California.
- The photo was taken at a gathering.
- Saya U Tin Maung Nyunt (M60) received States Scholarship to study MS in Agricultural Engineering at Viriginia Tech in the USA.
He taught at RIT before moving to Thailand and USA.
- Saya U Kyaw Myint (M/Auto64) taught at RIT before taking up UN assignment in Beijing.
After retirement, he moved to USA.
- U Myint Lwin (Henry Chee, C63, GBNF) matriculated from SPHS (St. Paul’s High School) in 1955.
He took sabbatical to get married and graduated in 1963.
He worked for Municipal Corporation before moving to USA.
- U Hla Min (EC69) is a Lifelong Learner.
SF Bay Area Literary Talk
- The photo was taken at the Literary Talk by Min Ko Naing and Aw Pi Kye.
- Daw Saw Yu Tint (Alice, T69) was visiting her son and grandson.
She took time off to attend the Literary Talk.