U Khin Zaw (“K”)
- First Chief Librarian of Rangoon University Central Library
- Founder / Director of Myanmar Ah Than (Burma Broadcasting Service).
- Spouse : Daw Than Hnit was a news anchor and published several radio programs.
- Wrote a book “My Life Time in Burma”.
For the reprint, the title had to be changed to “My Life Time in Myanmar”.
- Ko Wint Khin Zaw (A79) mailed me a copy of his father’s book.
Saya U Khin Zaw (Mathematics)
- Taught Mathematics at RU and Workers’ College.
- He was one of our Mathematics Teachers (along with Mr. Choudhury and Daw Khin Ma Ma) in our I.Sc.(A).
Saya U Khin Zaw (Chemistry)
- His writings are interesting, entertaining, nostalgic and informative.
- Had the “Zawana Nyan” to gain good impression from Sayama Dr. Than Than Nyein and scored a Distinction (albeit with the help of a Lab Technician).
- Recounted some episodes related to the infamous 7th July including the “Three Minute Silence” in memory of the fallen students.
- Listed the sayas and sayamas (complete with their degrees). Saya Dr. Tin Win (Alan) requested him to update the list.
- Wrote about Saya U Nyunt Win’s lecture and his sleepy friends response “Nhyat nei shware htoke mei”. Most students wondered if Saya got angry. In the next lecture, the students were surprised to see Sayagyi U Aung Khin. Sayagyi asked who mentioned “Nhyat” in the previous lecture. Saya U Khin Zaw’s friend stood up (perhaps expecting Sayagyi to scold him). Instead, Sayagyi said, “Saya U Nyunt Win did not felt angry. He is here today to say farewell before going to Canada for further studies.”
- Remembers the name of his volleyball playing partners. He said that RU was a place of harmony. Students come from different places, and they profess different religions, but they are close, friendly and free of bias.
Dr. Khin Zaw (Education)
- Retired as Rector of the Institute of Education.
- He competed in the Pin Weight division in Boxing.
Dr. Khin Zaw (Geology)
- Moved to Australia.