- Charlie Lim
- Charles Cheah
- Chalie Tseng
- U Chit
- Dr. Chit Swe
- Saydaya Chit Swe
- U Chit Maung
- Thakin Chit Maung
- Chit San Win
- Kaya Bala U Shein was a Body Builder.
- U Shein worked at SLR (Surveyor Land Records). He attended DAC. He was active in Hiking and Mountaineering.
- I met Saya Dr. Maung Shein and several sayas and sayamas (Dr. Ronald Findlay, Saya Jimmy [Dr. Khin Maung Kywe) and Professor Dr. Sundurum) when my uncle Saya U Than Lwin took me Rangoon University to visit the Faculty of Social Science. My uncle taught Economics and also served as the librarian for Social Science Library. Daw Myint Myint Khin (Hazel) was an Assistant Librarian at SS Library. She later joined RIT as Librarian. Saya Dr. Maung Shein became Deputy Minister of Finance and National Planning.
[Per Dr. Thane Oke Kyaw Myint] Dr. Maung Shein PhD, joined the World Bank after working as Deputy Minister of Finance in Burma. U Maung Maung Hla (younger brother of Dr U Kyaw Maung surgeon) also joined World Bank.
- Maung Shein and Maung Sein are sons of U Kwi Si, a prominent Chinese Ah Yo Ku Saya who did not charge poor patients.
- U Shein Soe Myint (EC83, UCC) is the son of Saya U Hla Myint (former Head of Mathematics Department at the Institute of Economics. He passed away while doing further studies in Singapore.
- U Shwe (EP69, 69er HCF)
- U Shwe Aung (Author)
- Saya U Shwe Hlaing
Studied Chemical Engineering and Mathematics in the USA.
Taught “Engineering Mechanics” in our 2nd BE Class
Taught Algol and “Algol Report” at Mandalay Hall (before UCC was established at Thamaing Campus)
Taught programming to students at RIT (e.g. Class of 76)
- U Shwe Mra graduated with Honors in Economics.
Became an ICS.
Served as Chief Secretary of the Burmese Government.
Joined the United Nations.
Sons : Tun Mra, Kyaw Mra, Soe Mra, Win Mra, Maung Maung Mra, Rai Mra, Aung Mra
His sons excelled in Track and Field as well as in their professions.
- Shwe Oh
- Shwe Oo Daung
- U Shwe Thein (SPHS, Dawei)
- Major Shwe Zan
Son : Tun Zan (RUBC Gold)
- U Shwe Zan Aung (SPHS63, GBNF)
- Singh is used as a Middle name (and often abbreviated as S.) by Sikhs.
- Balwant Singh majored in Pali. He served as Commissioner of Pegu Division. He later joined UN. He is an RUBC Gold.
- Teja Singh is an entrepreneur. He is the father of D S Saluja.
- Dave Singh Saluja (aka D S Saluja) left RIT before graduation to Bangkok. He co-founded Rama Enterprise with his elder brother (an MIT alumni).
- Surinder Singh (EE69er) moved to Australia.
- Meenu Singh (ChE70) moved to the USA. He has a Ph.D. He became a Professor in CS or IT.
- Jagjit Singh (Jack Bopari, EC7x) moved to the USA. He worked at UIUC.
- Uttam Singh (Uttam S. Gill, M71) was a High School Luyechun from Myitkyina. He moved to the USA. He has a Ph.D. He worked for NASA.
- A S Soni is SPHS 63.
- U Soe Aung (M/Auto71) : Secretary of RIT Ah Nu Pyinnya Ah Thinn
- U Soe Aung (M72)
- U Soe Aung (M75)
- Saya U Soe Khaw (GBNF) served as Part-time Lecturer and Head of the Mining Department at BOC College. He worked on several UN assignments before relocating to the USA. He was a supporter for selected monasteries in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- U Soe Khine (M70) is an organizer for the Combined 1st BE Intake of 64 and 65.
- U Soe Lwin (EC66) is one of casualties from Burma Railways for 8-8-88 and related events. His interests include astrology and meditation.
- Saya U Soe Lwin (M) assisted Sayagyi U Ba Than and also taught Strength of Materials. He is the father in law of Dr. Lu Aye.
- U Soe Maung is the proud parent of scholar athletes (U Tin Soe, U Myint Soe, U Nyunt Soe, U Chit Soe, Sally Soe, Mary Soe …) .
- U Soe Maung (M66)
- Saya U Soe Min (Mathematics & Astronomy)
- Saya U Soe Min (EE, DCA, GBNF)
- U Soe Mra is the third son of U Shwe Mra. He won Gold in the 2nd SEAP Games for Pole Vault.
- U Soe Myint (M72, UCC, GBNF)
Retired as Pro-Rector of ICST/UCSY. He passed away unexpectedly one morning around 3 AM. He had no major medical problems. He had a busy day visiting the Kaba Aye Sun Lun Gu Kyaung twice, and seeing his nephew and niece who were having medical treatment. He is known as “Phone Gyi” Soe Myint in the Class of M72.
According to U Wynn Htain Oo (M72), there are three (or more) Soe Myint in the Class. They have to be differentiated by their nick names (e.g. Kyang Gyi).
- U Soe Myint (Guardian, GBNF)
Eldest son of U Thein Maung (Htin Lin, National Literary Award winner).
Brothers : U Soe Win, U Kyaw Zaw and U Khin Zaw.
Graduated with Triple Maths.
He worked at Working People’s Daily as Assistant Editor.
Spouse : Aida Than Saw (daughter of his boss)
Daughter : Dr. Khin Khin Latt, spouse of KMZ.
Later became Chief Editor of Guardian Daily and Magazine.
Per his request, I wrote several articles on Computers and Computer Applications.
I had earlier written poems and translations in Guardian, Working People’s Daily and Forward Magazine.
- U Soe Myint (UCC, UN)
His saya Dr. Maung Thein (Geology) told him to study Computer Science.
Known as KSM (Ko Soe Myint, to differentiate for Sunlun Soe Myint).
Worked as Systems Programmer.
Dr. Maung Thein requested KSM and me to give a short session at the Geology department at MASU. The sayas were not happy. “Why is Saya Thein asking two UCC guys to spoil our vacation?”
After Saya Thein transferred to RASU, he again requested UCC to conduct a short course for his sayas. The sayas were delighted to see Pale Shein (Pearl) give the follow up lessons after KSM and me.
Retired from United Nations.
Lives in New York.
President of MASTAA (Myanmar American Science and Technology Alumni Association).
Co-host, MASTAA Interviews of Dr. Aung Gyi, U Soe Paing, Dr. San Hla Aung.
- U Soe Myint (Min83)
Secretary of the RIT Buddhist Association (during his student days).
Patron of RIT Buddhist Association as a Saya.
Joint Secretary of SPZP-2012 and SPZP-2016.
Helped organize the compilation and publication of Ovada (Exhortation) of the Sayas and sayamas invited to SPZP-2012 and SPZP-2016.
- U Soe Myint (Football)
Played for Rangoon University and/or Burma.
- U Soe Myint (Press)
Managed the Rangoon University Printing Department.
- Saya Dr. Soe Myint Win (GBNF) has a doctorate in Electronics. He taught in the Physics Department. He was a supporter for selected monasteries in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Dr. Soe Naung is a medical doctor and a host of Sayadaws visiting Jamaica.
- Saya U Soe Paing (SPHS56)
See Post (e.g. UCC)
- U Soe Paing (Musician)
- Soe Pay (Movie director)
- Soe Sa
- Soe San (Recording studio and distributor)
- U Soe Tha (EC67) and U Tun Kyi (M67, GBNF) were RIT Champions for Doubles in Tennis. U Soe Tha is a retired Minister.
- Dr. Soe Than taught at UCC, DCS and ICST.
- Saya Dr. Soe Thein (C75) was an organizer for the SPZPs held in Singapore. He volunteered as a web master for the Singapore Alumni. His son volunteered as a photographer and/or videographer. He invited me as a Guest to the Civil Gathering held before SPZP-2007. He invited me to a C75 gathering held at M3 Food Center in Yangon.
- U Soe Thein (Student Leader, Ta Ka Tha). He was Registrar when RIT was opened under the New Education System. He was promoted to Director at the Department of Higher Education (DHE). U Hla succeeded him as Registrar.
- U Soe Thein (Peter Myint Maung, EE69) had a medical operation. He asks his daughter to drive him to the Monthly Breakfast Gatherings of the Class of 69.
- U Soe Wai (Navy) rowed on the first Defense Service team along with U Sein Kyaing, U Hla Khin, U Tin Soe and U San Myint (Cox).
- Dr. Soe Win (SPHS58, First in Burma in Matriculation, Retired Rector of YUFL)
- Dr. Soe Win (Dicky)
- U Soe Win (EP69, GBNF) was Captain of RIT Basketball team.
- U Soe Win (TTC64, EC70) worked for UCC and PTC. After retirement, he helped run his spouse’s business in Moulmein.
- U Soe Win (M66) was close with Saya U Lin (M66) and U Soe Aung (M66) in their RIT days.
- Su Phaya Latt was a Queen
- Daw Su Su Lwin (UCC)
- Daw Su Su Lwin (spouse of U Htin Kyaw, former President)
- Dr. Swe Aye (MEHS63, IM2) is a medical doctor and poet. He co-founded the Aye-Thet Scholarship program at TBSA with Dr. Khin Nyo Thet (MEHS63, IM2).
- Bohmu Swe Than
- Daw Swe Swe Than (UCC, US)
- U Swe Tin (EE77), son of Academy U Kyauk Lone, is called “Kyauk Pya”.
- U Sway Tin is an early devotee of Mogok Sayadaw U Vimala. He recorded Sayadaw’s dhamma tape and translated some talks e.g. “Die with a smile”. He is the son-in-law of U Than Daing and the father of Min Sway Tin (Physics/Electronics).