They have the same spelling in Burmese.
- Saya U Kaung headed the Mechanical Department at Insein GTI.
He is the father of Gordan and Ma Thida Kaung (spouse of U Ko Ko Zin (M84), Treasurer, NorCal RITAA).
- Sithu U Kaung held several positions before and after Burma’s Independence.
His signature is place on the bank notes issued by the Union Bank of Burma.
He served as Special Education Officer in the UK, Education Counselor at the Burmese Embassy in UK, Director of Education and first Chairman of the Burma Historic Commission.
He is the father of U Thaw Kaung, Daw Kyi May Kaung and Daw Yee May Kaung.
- Saya U Kaung taught at RIT Civil Engineering Department.
He moved to Seattle, Washington, USA.
- Kin Wun Mingyi U Kaung was Chief Minister for King Mindon and King Thibaw.
- U Kaung Aye (Peter Wong, UCC, Sydney)
- U Kaung Kaung Oo (Gordon Kaung, M83) is the youngest among the founding members of RIT Alumni International.
He is also a founding member of NorCal RIT Alumni Association and served two terms as President.
His ventures include Mechanical Solutions and iNapa Winery.
He and his spouse Lillian Kaung (EC83) hosted several gatherings (to welcome sayas, to hold meetings) They donated Premium Wine bottles (e.g. at 2015 Alumni Reunion at Los Angeles).
- Dr. Kaung Zan was Director of Agricultural Research Institute.
Daughter : Renee Kaung Zan
- U Koung Nyunt (GBNF) taught Physics at Rangoon University.
He was Principal of Regional College.
- Dr. Koung Nyunt (A67, GBNF) taught Architecture at RIT.
He wrote articles for RIT Alumni Newsletter.
He moved to Auckland, New Zealand.
Names with Kaung or Kaung in middle and end
- Chit Kaung is a vocalist.
- Yebaw Chit Kaung was one of the earliest tried for treason.
- Daw Kyi May Kaung has a Doctorate in Political Economy.
She published a novel, and has displayed paintings.
Her spouse U Tun Shein (Willie) is RUBC Gold.
- U Maung Maung Kaung (Yee Pinn, M69, GBNF) is a businessman in Dawei (Tavoy).
He and his spouse both succumbed to Covid (about a year apart).
- U Thaw Kaung succeeded U Thein Han (Zawgyi) as Chief Librarian of UCL “Universities’ Central Library”.
He has won several awards for his writings and for his dedicated services to Libraries, Library Science, History, Old Manuscripts.
- Daw Yee May Kaung and her spouse Dr. Mya Than worked at Institutes in Singapore and Thailand.