- Thakin Tin was a leader of the Nu-Tin faction during the AFPFL split with the Swe-Nyein faction.
Thant Shin (Clean AFPFL) won the No-confidence Motion with the help of Pa Ma Nya Ta.
- Myanmar Ah Lin U Tin was owner and/or publisher of the Burmese newspaper.
- Bohmu Tin Maung (Myat Htan) was a member of the scholars sent to Japan during the Occupation.
He is an author.
- Bohmu Tin Maung (Hmu Tin) was an evangelist for Non-smoking.
He wrote technical articles (some based on Popular Mechanics, Popular Electronics and foreign journals). He recommended U Tin Htut (Harry, M69, “Mon Yu”) to write for his magazine and other publications.
- U Tin Maung (Hinthada) is a maternal uncle of my spouse.
- Dr. Tin Maung (former Rector of ICST, GBNF)
Father : Saya U Kar
- A1 U Tin Maung (Actor and Director)
- Shwe Mann Tin Maung (Zat Mintha)
- U Tin Maung (Katha, Min69)
- Saya U Tin Maung Nyunt (M60, USA) taught Agricultural Engineering at RIT.
He donated to YTU Library and several other porjects.
- Saya U Tin Maung Nyunt (Met70) is retired Professor of Metallurgical Engineering.
Spouse : Sayama Victoria Simon (Met70)
- Saya U Tin Nyunt (visiting lecturer at RIT for Industrial Management)
- U Tin Nyunt (movie star, contemporary of Shwe Ba)
- Champion Tin Nyunt (performer)
- U Tin Nyunt (Former teacher, author)
- ICS U Tin Tut (victim of political assassination in 1949)
First ICS by invitation
Diplomat & Foreign Minister
Brigadier in the Army Reserve
Brothers : U Kyaw Myint (Dean of Law), U Myint Thein (Chief Justice & Ambassador), Dr. Htin Aung (Rector, Author)
Sisters : Daw Khin Mya Mu, Daw Khin Saw Mu, Daw Tin Saw Mu
Nephews : Nay Oke (St. Paul), Dr. Thein Oke Kyaw Myint
The Classic short story “Bagyee Aung Nyar Dae” could have been titled “Bagyee Tut Nyar Dae”.
- Prof. U Tin U, Burma’s first professor of child health & Medical Superintendent of the Rangoon Children’s Hospital; WHO Visiting Prof of Paediatrics, Dhaka Bangladesh, Member of WHO Technical Advisory Committee on Child Health, Author of Seven books in Burmese on child health, President of the Myanmar Cross Society, Director General of Medical Education, Director General of Health
(Information provided by Dr. Thane Oke Kyaw Myint)
- U Tin U received BS from Oregon State University and MS from Yale University.
He taught part-time at Civil Engineering Department.
He is the Oldest and the Most Senior among the active Past Captains of RUBC.
He is Pas Captain of RGC (Rangoon Golf Club).
He survived a Kidnapping,
- There were and still are several Bogyokes named Tin U or Tin Oo.
NLD Leader Tin Oo,
“Myet Hman” Tin Oo and
S2 Tin Oo (perished in an air accident)