- Sithu U Tin is the 4th President of RUBC.
His predecessors : Sir Arthur Eggar, Commodore Than Pe, U Tun Thoung
When all schools except Medical and Engineering were closed in 1963, the Annual Regatta was canceled citing security reasons.
U Tin decided to hold the 40th Anniversary Dinner at a hotel in Royal Lakes (Kandawgyi).
U Tin, U Po Zon and U Tin Htoon (A60) had compiled the history of RUBC for the Souvenir Program.
His elder son Dr. Nyunt Tin (SPHS52) stood first in Burma. He is also among the youngest first in Burma.
His younger son Saya U Han Tin is Past Captain and Gold of RUBC. He taught English at IM(2), where he recruited his students to join RUBC. He later became Professor and/or Rector at the Institute of Education.
- U Tin Htoon (A60) is Past Captain and Gold of RUBC
ARAE Champion in 1958 and 1960
Silver Medalist in SEAP Games Yachting
Compiler of Souvenir Magazines,
Co-founder of Triple Gems Publication,
Director of Pariyatti Association
Architect for Thiripyitsaya Hotel in Bagan
Architect for Burmese Buddhist Temple (BBT) in Singapore
Organizer & Fundraiser for Goenka projects
- Saya U Tin Htut (M60) is Past Captain and Gold of RUBC.
He co-founded BASES in Southern California.
He was an organizer of SPZP-2000 and the Financial Controller of the 2015 Alumni Reunion in Los Angeles.
He came up to the San Francisco Bay Area several times to attend the activities of RIT Alumni International and NorCal RITAA.
- U Tin Myint (Geology, GBNF) coxed two or more teams for the Senior Novices.
Father : Arzani U Razak
Brother : U Hla Kyi Razak
Brother-in-law : U Khin Maung Latt and U Khin Maung Lay (Henry) who represented the Faculty of Engineering and RIT in several sports.
- U Tin Soe rowed on the Bow side of the early crew from Defense Services.
Crew mates include U Sein Kyaing, U Hla Khin, U Soe Wai and Petty Office U San Myint (Cox).
- U Tin Thein (DCA) used to tell jokes at the Old Members party following the RUBC Regattas.
Sample : “I was the Brain. He was the Brawn. Together, we dominated the Coxless Pairs.”
- U Tin Tun rowed for RASU and RUBC.
- Dr. Tin Wa (SPHS57) is Past Captain and Gold of RUBC.
He is an [adjunct] professor at the University of San Francisco.
He paints and sculls.
Brothers : U Tin Nyo, Dr. Tin Bo, Dr. Tin Mo and Dr. Hla Tin Ngwe (Frankie Ohn, first in Burma in 1959).