- H.E. U Than Aung (Minister for Education in AFPFL government)
Sons : U Aung (Alphonso), U Cho (Charlie)
- Dr. Than Aung (Ophthalmologist)
- U Than Aung (PBRS) : cousin
- U Than Daing is an early devotee of Sayadaw U Vimala (Mogok Sayadaw).
He and U Sway Tin (son-in-law) wrote or translated dhamma books for the Mogok Vipassana Ah Thinn.
- U Than Htay (SPHS63, RIT)
- Saya U Than Htay (Veda, GBNF)
- U Than Htay (dhamma friend, who used be assistant of Saya U Aye Cho in Japan).
Spouse : Daw Tin Tin Cho
- Hinthada U Than Maung
Children : Daw Swe Swe Than, U Cho Than Maung, Daw Wai Wai Than
- Myitzuthaka U Than Maung
Children : Daw Khin Than Nwe (T62), Dr. Tin Mg Mg Than, Dr. Khin Mg Mg Than
- U Than Myaing (M69)
Member, RIT Ah Nu Pyinnya Ah Thinn
His roll number (B120) was close to mine and U Aung Min (M69) in I.Sc.(A).
He often visits his family in the USA.
- Dr. Than Naing (Bonny Kywe, SPHS, Geology)
- U Than Naing (Herman, Drummer & vocalist)
Father : U Ba Hpyu
Brother : U Sein Lwin (Raymond, GBNF)
- Commodore Than Pe (Minister of Health and Education, President of RUBC)
- U Than Pe (Accountant)
Brothers : Dr. Nyi Nyi, U Kun Pe
- U Than Saw was Chief Editor of WPD (Working People’s Daily).
He succeeded U Khin Maung Latt.
He was succeeded by U Ko Lay.
- U Than Sein (PBRS)
- Colonel Than Sein (member of Revolutionary Council)
- Rakkhine Than Sein (purged in the BSPP control struggle).
- Saya U Than Tin (Met, USA)
- U Than Tin (RUBC Gold, GBNF)
- Saya U Than Tin (Thahee, Physics)
- U Than Win (Alan Khoo, GBNF)
- U Than Win (Captain of University First Eleven, Director of Sports and Physical Education Department)
- U Than Win (Henry Wong, SPHS)
- U Than Win (SPHS63, M69)
- U Than Win (T70, script writer for Thamankyar)