- Saya taught at RIT and Assumption University (formerly known as ABAC).
- He wrote about his final year experience in an article.
It was published in the Commemorative Issue of “Swel Daw Yeik Sar Saung” for SPZP-2010.
- He became a monk after retirement.
He also managed the Sangha Library.
- .His former students donated for Saya’s health care.
- Saya is GBNF (Gone But Not Forgotten)
- Saya U Moe Aung (Tekkatho Moe War) wrote a Kabyar “To the Shwe Duo” lamenting the loss of Saya U Tin Shwe and Saya U Hla Shwe.
I translated the Kabyar.
မေသ ဝိညာဥ္ ဝဲပ်ံေနေသးတကား ….။ ။
( ကိုတင္ေရႊ- လွ်ပ္စစ္ ႏွင့္ ကိုလွေရႊ- ခ်ည္မွ်င္ သို႔)
(၂၆ ဇန္နဝါရီ ၂ဝ၁၅ – ည ၉:၅၅ နာရီ)
To the SHWE Duo
Blossom in unison
Free from complaint
Even with thin breath
Showed mark [of courage and wisdom]
Never ever wavered …
Pressed by burden
At the awaited turn [of journey’s end]
Body — inheritance [from previous lives]
Succumbs [to failing health]
Yet, “Wei-nyin” is fresh, alive and hovering.
Leave a Reply