Update : November 14, 2022
- Early Teachers
- Some students from the early days
- Younger Alumni
My teachers include
- Teacher Ku Paw (Infant C)
- Teacher Kywe (Infant B)
- Teacher Daw Yi Yi (Infant A)
- Teacher Collins
- Teacher Ah Mar (Principal)
- Teacher Cho
- Teacher Grace
- Teacher Daw Bo Mai
- Teacher Daw Aye Nu
- Saya who taught Burmese
Sad to note that many have passed away.
Some students from the early days
- Many of the students lived in Boundary Road, Windermere Road, Inya Road, Myenigone and San Chaung.
- Some transferred to High Schools (St. Paul’s, Methodist, St. John’s Convent, St. Philomena’s Convent, Dio, Central) to continue their studies.
- My elder brother and I moved to St. Paul’s. Three sisters moved to St. John’s Convent. My younger brother and youngest sister attended PBRS (after PPBRS opened middle school).
- Some of my cousins attended PPBRS. They moved to TTC, SPHS and SJC.
- Ma Pyone Kyi (daughter of U Ba Yoke) became a teacher at RASU. Met her younger sister at Dhammananda Vihara. Half Moon Bay, California several years ago.
- Ko Myint Kyi, Ko Myint Sein (BARB, Idea Astrology) and their sister passed away. Met Ko Myint Sein’s son (Master Mariner) during a visit to Yangon.
- Ko Nyunt Tin (M70, Table Tennis), Ma May Win Kyi, Ko Nyunt Tun … moved to the USA. Their mother lived closed to 100 years. Khin Pa Pa (who sponsored her family members) passed away.
- Bonzo Kun Lone (Pianist / Composer, Bonnie Kun Lone (Pianist / Composer), Ruby Kun Lone and Pearl Kun Lone are PPBRS alumni.
Met Pearl at the gathering hosted by Myint Toe and Nwe Nwe Win.
- Not sure if their cousins (Kun Lwin’s) are alumni.
- The children of U Kyaw Zaw and Teacher Ah Mar — Thane Myint (Thar Thar Gyi), Kyaw Thein (Swee Swee) and Moh Moh — attended PPBRS.
- Several nephews (e.g. Win Tin (GBNF)) and nieces (e.g. Si Si) of U Kyaw Zaw attended PPBRS.
- The children of Teacher Daw Yi Yi (Teacher Ah Mar’s elder sister) — Lin Thaw and Htay Htay — attended PPBRS.
- Myint Toe and Khin Than Nwe (Cousins)
- Saw Shwe and Saw Nyo (Australia)
- Khin Win Ni (Spouse of Myint Thin)
- Khin Swe Thoung and Khin May Thoung
- Kyi Win (Kenneth)
Among those active in P.B.R.S Group
- Aye Maung Thann (Admin)
- Mya Hlaing (several posts)
- Aye Aye Myint
- Kyi Kyi Tin
- Kyaw Hlaing
- Dr. Win Htin (son of Maung Htin)
- Hane Latt (award winning author / journalist, TV executive)
Due to schedule conflicts, I could not attend the mini-gatherings and the Acariya Pu Zaw of PBRS Alumni.
- Thermos flask for reciting “Mingalar Kabyar” (composed by Dagon U Tun Myint)
- Book prizes (for finishing in the top Two in the class)
e.g. Aesop’s Fables (translated by Min Yu Way and Ngwe Tar Yi)