- Private Primary Boundary Road School (PPBRS)
- Located at 109 Boundary Road.
- Founded by Daw Tin Tin Aye.
She was succeeded by her younger sister Daw Khin Khin Aye (Teacher Ah Mar) as Principal.
Daw Yi Yi (second sister) taught Infant (A) / Higher KG.
- The school was renamed Private Boundary Road School (PBRS) after it opened classes for Middle School and High School.
Daw Khin Khin Aye / Teacher Ah Mar
- Siblings : Daw Tin Tin Aye, Daw Yi Yi, U Thin Tu
- Spouse : U Kyaw Zaw
Studied Motion Pictures Industry as a States Scholar in the US
- Children : Thane Myint, Kyaw Thein, Mo Mo
- Taught at PPBRS
- Became Principal
- Extended the school to teach Middle School and High School
- School was renamed PBRS
- After nationalization, Sayama worked as Township Education Officer for Bahan
Most students were from nearby places :
- Golden Valley / Lowis
- San Chaung
Among the alumni are
- U Tin Maung Thant (son of UNSG U Thant)
- Francis Ohn Maung (son of Arzani U Ohn Maung)
- Dr. Flora Aye and Shirley Aye
- Kun Lone family (Bonzo, Bonnie, Ruby, Pearl)
- Elizabeth Kyaw Tun (Ph.D. in English, daughter of Saya U Kyaw Tun)
- Kenneth San and Margaret San (moved from Taung Gyi)
- Daw Pyone Khin (daughter of U Ba Yoke)
- My siblings and cousins
- A1 Family Members
A1 Family Members
The movie pioneers in Burma include four brothers :
- A1 U Tin Nwe
- U Nyi Pu
- U Tin Pe (Maung Maung Soe)
- A1 U Tin Maung
A1 was earlier known as “Myanmar Ah Swe“.
U Tin Nwe and Family
- U Hla Bu (son-in-law of U Tin Nwe)
Children : Margie (Ma Aung Si), Stanley (A1 Than Htut), Freddie (A1 Thein Htut, Sat Su), Bobby (Aung Myint, Thamankyar Ko Myint), Sai Wunna
- U Thein Zaw (actor)
- U Hla Myo (who directed several movies with Nyunt Win)
U Nyi Pu and Family
- Founded Ma Weik Za Do Films (which produced “Thamankyar”).
- Daughter attended PPBRS.
- Sayamagyi Daw Khin Khin Aye (Teacher Ah Mar) supported her former students to direct and produce “Thamankyar“.
Twin brothers Than Htut and Thein Htut were Directors.
Toe Nyunt, Aung Myint and Wunna were Actors.
Than Win was the script writer.
U Tin Pe (Maung Maung Soe) and Family
- Actor, Director and Producer
- Son-in-law : U Maung Maung has his own Studio
- U Maung Maung’s children : Rosalind (Ma Pyi Aye), Richard, Glory (Khin Than Nu)
U Tin Maung and Family
- Was Actor before he turned Director and Producer.
- Daughter : Phyllis
- U Tin Yu (nephew, son of U Tin Nwe’s sister)
Children : Zelma Yu, Zaw Min Yu, Zin Thi Yu
Half-brother : Kyaw Hein
- Daw Marlar Myint
Brother : U Tin Yu
Spouse : U Mya Maung
Children : Peggy, Winnie (Win Mar), Ted (Toe Nyunt). Rose-belle (Sandar, Sar Oo), Mya Zaw
Since A1 extended family is huge, I do not know some members.
- Ma Pyi Aye graduated in 1966 with Architecture.
- Aung Myint graduated in 1970 with Mining Engineering.
- Than Win graduated in 1970 with Textile Engineering.
- Win Mar won the Academy Award for her role in “Pho Pyone Cho”. She became a doctor, and did not pursue a career in movies.
- Sar Oo won the Academy Award for her role in “Hne Hmar Ah The”.
- Toe Nyunt became known as “Shwe Gaung Byaung”.
- Thein Htut became known as “Sat Su”.
- Aung Chein, nephew of U Hla Bu, was selected Luyechun. He graduated in 1972 with Mechanical Engineering.
Other PPBRS Alumni
- Myat Hla Sein and Chit Mya Sein (children of U Chin Sein)
- Myo Set (son of Thar Gaung Gyi)
- Han Tun (SPHS63, DSA) and his siblings
- Nay Win (MEHS63, M69)
A Facebook Group for PBRS Alumni is maintained by Aye Maung Than and Mya Hlaing.
Categories: P Q R