Computer Pioneer for Burma
Sayagyi Dr. Chit Swe founded UCC with the help of Saya U Soe Paing, Saya U Myo Min and Saya U Ko Ko Lay in the early 1970s. Saya served as the Founder / Director of UCC. Saya retired as Rector of RASU.
Saya continued Teaching and Research in Thailand and Australia.
Saya passed away at the tender age of 89 in Sydney, Australia.
Last Journey for Sayagyi Dr. Chit Swe
Source : Ko Htay Aung (Victor)
Castlebrook Memorial Park Crematorium
Date : 28 November 2019
Time : 12 – 2 PM (Australia AEDT)
Location : 712 – 746 Windsor Road
Rouse Hill NSW 2155
(Opposite Rouse Hill Shopping Center)
Web site: https://www. castlebrook.com.au
Hundreds (and may be Thousands) have expressed their sadness for the loss of Sayagyi in the newspapers and in the Facebook pages.
The following is a sample.
- U Ba Than (M.A., Retired Director General, Thuwanna), Saya Chit’s classmate in 1947 at the first I.Sc.(A) class offered at Mandalay University and was a fellow teacher, is saddened by the loss of “Ko Chit Swe”.
- Thin Char Mi Thar Su of the University of Yangon is indebted to Sayagyi Dr. Chit Swe for his dedication to the dissemination of Mathematics.
- Myanmar Naing Gan Thin Char Ah Thinn offers condolences to the family members of Sayagyi Dr. Chit Swe (Retired Rector) and Sayagyi U Aung Sein (Retired Associate Professor).
- ex-UCC Mi Tha Su (UCC Alumni) expresses their sorrow to the Founder of Computers and Computer Education in Burma. Members from Myanmar and beyond (Singapore, USA, Australia, …) can never forget Sayagyi and his passion for transforming his students from good to better and great professionals, educators, researchers, and socially responsible citizens of the world.
- U Win Thein (Padamyar Winhtein) has updated Wikipedia to include Saya’s pioneering work.
- Saya U Aung Zaw (AZ) spent five decades or so under the tutelage of Saya Chit. He organized mini-PZPs for Saya Chit. I attended one gathering in 2006.
- UCSY Facebook page remembers Sayagyi as the pioneer Saya for Computer Education in Burma / Myanmar.
- I have honored my mentor Saya Chit in my newsletter, Facebook pages and my websites hlamin.com and lifelonglearning140.wordpress.com
- Saya Dr. Khin Maung Win wrote about Sayagyi in moemaka
- Sayama Daw Si Si also wrote about Sayagyi
- Dr. Swe Latt is named after his parents Dr. Chit Swe and Daw Khin Khin Latt. He had posted/ re-posted news and stories about Saya Chit.
- UCC Alumni in Myanmar, USA, Singapore and Australia offered Garawa money for Sayagyi’s last journey.
Saya’s Seminar in 2013
Dear All, Kindly invite to participate the Seminar on “We must Build A Learning Organization” by Dr. Chit Swe, as per following schedule: Date: 21 October 2013 (Monday) Time: 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm Venue: Conference Hall , MICT Park , Yangon.