U Tin Swe (EE53, GBNF)
- Member of the Prome Hall soccer team which won the Inter-Hall tournament for two consecutive years.
- Played good tennis.
- Joined the EE Department after graduation in 1953.
- Studied MSEE at University of Michigan.
- Retired as Senior Lecturer of the Electrical Engineering Department.
- He was a power user at UCC.
He and his former students Dr. San Oo (EP67) and U Aung Kyaw Pe (EP69) developed and ran programs related to power systems.
U Ba Than
- Matriculated from St. John’s Dio in 1947.
- Won Collegiate Scholarship.
- Won the Gold Medal for scoring the highest marks in the Intermediate of Science examination.
- RUBC Full Green
- Studied Mechanical Engineering at Imperial College, University of London.
- Joined the Faculty of Engineering as Assistant Lecturer.
- As a requirement for promotion, he did his Masters at Imperial College.
- Retired as Professor of Mechanical Engineering.
- Saya is an early supporter of the HMEE-2012 project.
Donated his photo albums.
Cooperated with U Thaw Kaung to allow Saya U Soe Paing and his team to access the archives of Rangoon University Central Library.
- Before the pandemic, he invited former colleagues and students to his Birthday Soon Kyaw at Yaw Sayadaw’s Monastery.
- He donated back all of the Garawa Money to various social and religious associations.
- Celebrated his 92nd birthday on October 2022.
U Chan Tha (GBNF)
- Led the Prome Hall soccer team to victory in the Inter-Hall tournament for two consecutive years.
- Played soccer for Rangoon University and SAMB.
- Past Captain and Gold of RUBC.
- Worked for Rangoon Municipal Corporation.
- Passed away in USA.
Categories: Proj 2