- Matriculated from St. Peter’s High School, Mandalay
- Admitted to the first ever 1st BE along with 400+ students in November 1964
- Joined HIC after graduation
- Member of HMEE-2012 and HMEE-2018 projects
- Compiled CD Supplement for HMEE book with U Hla Min (EC69)
- Translated Section 1 of HMEE book
- Summarized Section 2 of HMEE book
- Moderator of Googlegroup for 1st BE Intake of 1964
- Co-author of U Zaw Min Nawaday (EP70) for “RIT Days (1964 – 1970)”
- Organizer, Combined 1st BE Intake of 1964 and 1965
- Volunteer for SPZP, SDYF and Alumni Association
- Spouse : Sayama Daw Khin Swe Aye (Winnie, ChE70)
- Daughter : Medical doctor (working in Malaysia)
- Sister : Sayama Daw Khin Swe Myint (organized Physics Symposium in Mandalay)
- During my visits to Yangon, he gave me rides to attend SPZP Preparation and HMEE meetings.
- The Brother at St. Peter’s registered him as “Ohn Gaing”.
His friends called him “Gaing Gyi”.
Book & CD Supplement
Saya U Ba Than’s Soon Kyway
Welcoming Walter (U Win Htay)
Categories: Proj 1