- Friday was also known as Frige’s Day.
The day was named after the Goddess Frige.
- Friday is associated with the goddess Venus.
- It is associated with the planet Venus.
- Crucifixion of Jesus occurred on Good Friday.
It is partly due to the fact that Saturday is the Sabbath for Jews.
- Some are superstitious about Friday in general and Friday the 13th in particular.
It may be due to the fact that there were 13 people (Jesus and his disciples) at the Last Supper.
- Based on context, “Black Friday” may be good or bad.
In marketing, Black means “Profitable”.
In some context, Black means “Sad”.
- TGIF (Thank God It’s Friday) is used by some to signify the end of a working week.
There are restaurants named TGIF.
- Man Friday is a character from “Robinson Crusoe”.
It is used to denote a “Loyal personal assistant”.
Girl Friday is an extension of the above.
- Friday is Sabbath (for Muslims).
At St. Paul’s High School, our Muslim classmates are allowed to leave school early on Fridays.
- Friday is a holiday in Muslim countries.
Ko Tin Maung Lay (M69) passed away in Dubai on a Friday.
Most offices were closed.
His company and friends took extra effort to enable his remains to be flown back ASAP to California.
Rosie Mai Khin Nyunt wrote :
Friday born are talkative but kind-hearted.
First child born on Friday is good luck for his/her parents
according to our Myanmar Astrology.
Categories: Hla Min