- Burmese Engineers Association
- Founded in the SF Bay Area
- Later merged with BASTS to become BAPS
Saya U Htin Paw (EE58, GBNF)
- Founding member and inaugural President of BEA
- Wrote a series of articles for RIT Alumni Newsletter
engineer in Burma and USA
- Won two Gold Medals
His family had to subsidize K150 for each Gold Medal
- Joined RIT Electrical Engineering Department after graduation in 1958 along with U Ba Nyunt
- Received MSEE from Michigan University
- Upon return to Burma, worked for UBARI (which provided the Scholarship) and taught part time at EE Department. Later transferred to EI (Electrical Inspectorate).
- Past President of TBSA
Attended SPZP-2000, but had to leave early due to his spouse’s health.
Saya U San Tun (M59)
- Also known as Sain Fone Wong
- Past President of BEA
- Won Gold Medal
Met another Gold Medalist Dorothy Tham (GBNF, sister of Saya Kyi Kong Tham (C63))
They have a daughter and a son
- Joined RIT Mechanical Engineering Department after graduation in 1959
- Received MS from MIT
- Served as Head of Automobile Engineering (sub-department of Mechanical)
Saya Dr. K C Chiu (ChE63)
- Also known as U Tin Aung
- See an earlier post for details
- Past President of BEA
Lily Win (T72)
- Also known as Khin Htar Yee
- Past Secretary of BEA
- Saya Dr. Tin Win (M62) was in SF Bay Area on a business trip from Texas.
He met his soul mate Lily (presumably at a BEA meeting with KC).
- Former Officers of BEA and BAPS were honored
- U Htin Paw is the father of Dr. Barry Paw (GBNF), elder brother of U Tun Thein (A67) and maternal uncle of Robert Hla Thein (M72).
- Dr. Barry Paw (MD, PhD, Researcher) passed away on the return flight from Australia to USA.
He went to pay respect to his maternal aunt, but unexpectedly had to arrange the last journey for his aunt’s spouse.
- U Htin Paw donated $2000 to Dhammanda Vihara, Half Moon Bay in memory of Dr. Julie Han (T61, GBNF, Past VP and Fundraiser of TBSA).
- U San Tun lost his spouse unexpectedly, but was lucky to find Daw Sylvia to take care of him and his children.
- U San Tun and Saya U Aung Khin visited China at the request of Saya U Kyaw Myint (M/Auto64)
- U San Tun invited us to his birthday, the wedding of his son, and to his home.
- U San Tun is a regular attendee of SF Bay Area Retirees’ Lunch gatherings.
- Service for U Htin Paw
- U San Tun
- M59 Class Photo
- Social & Reading Club, BIT
- Honoring BEA & BAPS Officers at SPZP-2000
- Gatherings in SF Bay Area