- Matriculated from St. Paul’s High School in 1962.
- Also known as Anthony Sein.
- At SPHS, there was a class period when
Catholic students had to study Catechism, and
Non-Catholics had to study “Morals and Manners”.
- Ko Anthony, Ko Myint Thein (B.Com, RUBC) and several others from their class would join us in the “Morals and Manners” class.
- Upon graduation in 1968, he joined the Chemical Engineering Department at RIT.
- After retirement, he moved to Singapore.
- Attended SPZPs.
- At one SPZP, we were sad to learn that he was having some medical problems and slight memory loss.
- Kudos to Swel Daw Yeik Foundation (SDYF) for the support of sayas and sayamas for
annual Medical Check up,
frequent visits to the hospital and clinics, and
for non-trivial health care (albeit on a case-by-case basis.
- In addition to SDYF’s Garawa Money for Saya U Ohn Maung, several alumni donated for Saya’s medical expenses.
- Daw Zin Wai Hlaing, saya’s spouse, acknowledged receipt of the Garawa money from SDYF.
- SDYF donated K4 Lakhs to Saya U Ohn Maung (ChE68), who has a medical problem.
The donations will be continued in future years.
- U Khin Maung Htwe (ChE72) donated K20,000.
- The donations were handed over to Saya U Sein Thaung.
He will forward it to Saya U Ohn Maung.
- His elder brother (a medical doctor) and younger sister (Dolly Sein, spouse of U Thein Swe, EP68) are both GBNF.
- After visiting my web site, his nephew (elder brother’s son) regained contact with Saya U Ohn Maung.
Categories: Rangoon Institute of Technology