- The Union of Burma lost Democracy on March 2, 1962.
- The 17-man Revolutionary Council staged Coup D’etat.
- Ko Phone Maw (5th year RIT student and Lanzin Lu Nge) was hit by a stray bullet on March 13, 1988.
- Ko Soe Naing and Ko Myint Oo were also hit and hospitalized in not-so-humane conditions.
- Ko Soe Naing succumbed to the gun shot wounds.
- Ko Myint Oo “survived“.
- March 13 was declared as “Burma Human Rights Day” and “Phone Maw and Soe Naing Nay“.
- During the Pwint Linn Era, requisites were offered in memory of Ko Phone Maw and Ko Soe Naing.
Categories: S T U