- There are several sayas and alumni who helped with the RIT-related activities in general and SPZPs in particular.
- U Win Thein (M67, GBNF) was a Trail Blazer.
- Benny Tan, Maurice Chee and team for SPZP-2000
- U Moe Aung and team for SPZP-2002 and SPZP-2010
- U Nyan Win Shwe and team for SPZP-2007
- U Win Khaing and team for SPZP-2004 and SPZP-2012
- Organizers of Shwe YaDu 2014 and SPZP-2016
- U Saw Linn (C71, GNBF) wore multiple hats despite his failing health.
- It is not easy to be a fund raiser.
- U Aye Tun (Anthony, M76) is a notable fund raiser in the San Francisco Bay Area.
He volunteered for alumni, social and religious organizations.
He sold many tickets, but he also had to buy tickets from other organizations.
- U Wynn Htain Oo and Nan Khin Nwe are super fund raisers.
Their tasks grew exponentially when the project cost for YTU Library Modernization was underestimated, and the exchange rate for foreign currencies soared.
The following volunteered for one or more associations and projects
- U Ohn Khine
- U Myint Pe
- U Thant Zin
- Daw Pyone Pyone Oo
- U Htay Maung
- U Thiha Latt,
- U Tin Latt
- U Tin Oo,
- U Kyaw Hlaing
- U Aung Moung (GBNF)
- U Than Po
- Daw Mar Mar Yee
- Photographers and Videographers (Official and Volunteers)
Dhatu Kyaw Lynn
U Khin Maung Win
U Khin Maung Aye
U Tin Maung Win
- The Pon Chan Chan Group & the famed Swel Daw Yeik Troupe members share their experience, time and energy to provide entertainment (sadly once to “empty chairs”).
- Artists and Cartoonists
Sponsors and Donors
- There were donors — large and small, old and young.
- They include Golden Sponsors for the Reunion and World Wide Pu Zaw Pwes.
- For example, there were five Golden Sponsors for SPZP-2000 :
Steeve Kay (U Thaung Sein, Southern California), Benny Tan (Tan Yu Beng, Northern California), Ivan Lee (U Khin Maung Oo, New Jersey), David Ko (U Tin Myint, Northern California, GBNF) and U Maung Maung Than (Texas)
Health Care Funds
- Steeve and Helen Kay Fund for Health Care of Eligible RIT Sayas and Sayamas
- U Khin Maung Tun & Family Fund for Vision Care of Eligible RIT Sayas and Sayamas
- Swel Daw Yeik Foundation
has taken over the activities of the first two funds (which transferred their balance to SDYF)
- 69er HCF, EE 69er HCF
- Some donated in kind (e.g. arranging Medical Check up for sayas and sayamas).
YTU Library Modernization
- Main Component
U Khin Maung Tun,
Daw Myint Myint (in memory of U Htein Win)
Saya Dr. Myo Khin & Ma Mya Mya Nwe (Winsome),
James and Annette Shwe,
Members and Friends of BASES,
Donors (Large and small, One-time or Repeated)
- Training Component for Library Staff
Sayas and Alumni from USA (Sayas U Maung Maung, U Myat Thwin, U Tin Maung Nyunt)
From Thailand, Singapore and Myanmar (Details were provided by WHO and team)
- Large and small — for the meetings and events are to be commended.
- They made SPZP-2016 a truly free all-day-long event.
- When I started the RIT Alumni Newsletter two decades ago, I was told that “RIT is a dying breed”, our alma mater is the birth place of Thabons and that I might have to spend Waso at Insein if I visit Yangon.
- RIT Annual Magazines
- Magazines and Sar Saungs
Some to commemorate SPZPs
- As Henley wrote in Invictus and Bogyoke rendered in his translation, many sayas and alumni were not afraid.
- They made the RIT Spirit alive and well.
- We hope our alma mater, sayas and colleagues will formally recognize the heroes (well known as well as unsung ones) on paper, and may be some day in the not so distant future at “Once upon a time at RIT” corner (e.g. Wall of Fame)