U Shwe Kyaw (M63, GBNF)
- U Shwe Kyaw graduated in 1963 with Mechanical Engineering.
- Played Volleyball for BIT and RU (along with U Aye M62)
- Joined the Air Force and became a Pilot.
- He was Air Force Captain (Officiating Major) when he perished in a plane crash.
- Survived by Sayama Daw Khin Toe Myint (Zoology) and two children.
- Sayama is a dhamma friend.
Her son U Thet Win Kyaw played the Drums at SPZP-2000.
U Shwe Zan Aung (SPHS63)
- U Shwe Zan Aung matriculated from SPHS in 1963.
- Joined the Army and had to go the front several times.
- His grandfather was afraid of losing another grandson prematurely.
He requested SZA to leave the army and promised to provide financial support in exchange for peace of mind.
His grandfather supported SZA’s family for a long time.
- SZA finally joined a ship as a radio operator.
- Perished at sea when the ship sunk.
Dr. Shwe Tun Kyaw
- Dr. Shwe Tun Kyaw and his spouse took early retirement from their medical practice in UK.
- They volunteered as Assistant Teachers in several bi-lingual (Burmese and English) Goenka Center retreats.
- He is a classmate of my younger sister.
I met him at the house of Audrey Wong (C84), a volunteer for the Northern California Goenka center.
Categories: S T U