- Saya U Moe Aung matriculated from St. John’s Diocesan Boys’ High School.
- Outstanding author, editor and publisher.
Pen name : “Tekkatho Moe War“.
- Mentor : Daung Nwe Swe (Laureate Poet).
- Editor of RUESU (Rangoon University Engineering Students Union) Annual Magazine during his student days at the Faculty of Engineering, Rangoon University.
- Graduated in 1963 and joined the Electrical Engineering Department of RIT.
- Chief Editor of RIT Annual Magazines for more than a decade.
- Chief Editor of Hlyat Sit Sar Saung published by the RIT EE Association.
- Chief Editor for the commemorative issues of Swel Daw Yeik Sar Saung for SPZP-2002, SPZP-2007 and SPZP-2010
- Chief Editor for the commemorative issues of Swel Daw Yeik Magazine for Shwe YaDu (in 2014) and SPZP-2016 held in Yangon.
- After retiring from RIT, Saya moved to Singapore.
- Chair of SPZP-2002 and SPZP-2010 held in Singapore.
- Now back in Yangon.
- Writes for several Myanmar publications.
- Teaches refresher courses at the Electrical Inspectorate.
- Patron of Swel Daw Yeik Foundation.
- Writes “Let Tan Kabyar” (extemporaneous poems).
A sample “Dawn at Irrawaddy (Ayeyarwaddy)” is shown below.
- Saya takes time (as needed) to compose “Gan Da Win Kabyar” (epic poems) such as “Shwe YaDu Lann“.
Dawn at Irrawaddy (Kabyar)
Motion and Rest (Kabyar)
- Attended the “Ah Hlu” of his Khamee Khamet in Upper Burma.
Made side trips including Bagan.
- Encountered pain in the knee
Advised to take rest and use a wheel chair.
- Sensed Samvega (Urgency) portrayed by the three characteristics (including Dukkha).
- Composed a poem reflecting “Motion and Rest”.
Saya gave interviews on his literary career.
Time with former students
Had mini-reunions and micro-reunions with his former students.
Most of them are RIT Ah Nyu Pyinnya Shins.
Saya also gave me presents (his books, old RIT magazines and a pasoe) during my visits to Yangon.
I had the honor to render some of Saya’s works (Kabyars and articles) into English.
Refresher Courses at Electrical Inspectorate
Taught refresher courses at the Electrical Inspectorate.
- Per advice of his sister, Saya finally consented to have a knee replacement surgery.
- The operation was successful
Categories: Rangoon Institute of Technology