- During my visits to Yangon, I paid homage to Sayagyi U Ba Toke with
(a) Ko Ohn Khine (provided the ride)
(b) Sayagyi U Ba Than (would pay respect to his Saya at least once every year)
(c) Saya U Tin Htut
(d) “Oo Lay” U Aung Soe (GBNF, was Sayagyi’s dhamma friend and a member of the group who would walk every weekend from Yankin to Shwe Dagon Pagoda)
- Sayagyi gave an autographed copy of the book about him.
- Saya Dr. Khin Maung Swe (Tekkatho Maung Thin Char) interviewed Sayagyi resulting in six audo cassettes.
- Sayama Daw Myint Myint Khaing (Saya KMS’s spouse, daughter of Arzani Mahn Ba Khaing) helped with the transcription.
- The book not only covers Sayagyi’s life journey, but also describes some events at the University of Rangoon, and a list of the early Thin Char Sayas (e.g. U Aung Hla, U Kar, U Net)
Phwa Bet Taw
- Sayagyi was born in December 1920.
- His Phwa Bet Taws include the University of Rangoon and the first RU Students’ Strike.
- The main events of the RU Centennial will be held in November and December 2020.
- The kick off for the RU Centennial took place on December 1, 2019.
Leave a Reply