Saya U Min Wun
- Matriculated from Taung Dwin Gyi in 1949
- Received States Scholarship to study BSCE at MIT and MSCE at Cornell University under the “Twinning Program” initiated by Sayagyi U Ba Hli.
- Along with Saya Dr. Aung Gyi and Saya U Maung Maung Than (GBNF), Saya U Min Wun formed the first batch of engineering students to study undergraduate program in the US under the “Twinning Program”
- Upon return to Burma, he was appointed Assistant Lecturer.
- After one year, he was promoted to Lecturer.
- Saya taught at RIT for three decades.
Retired as Professor and Head of Civil Engineering Department.
- Worked at CalTran for 22 years.
Retired at the tender age of 80.
- Saya is 88 years young. He meditates and chant suttas every morning.
- Saya has two sons, one daughter and four grand children.
- Sayagadaw is a member of the Ludu family. Her cousins include cousin of Saya U Hla Myint (Charlie, M65), U Michael Lim (EE7), Dr. Thynn Thyn Lin, , Daw Kyu Kyu Lin (T75), Dr. San Lwin Lin (EC77). Daw Margaret Lim and Daw Daisy Lim.
Gathering in SoCal (Southern California)
Date : June 25, 2019
Place : Temple City, Southern California
- Saya U Min Wun (C) – SoCal
- U Tin Htoon (A60) – SoCal
- Saya U Tin Htut (M60) – SoCal (Co-Organizer)
- Dr. San Lin (C62) – NorCal (Co-organizer)
- Saya Dr. Tin Win (M62) – SoCal
- U Cecil Teoh (C63) – SoCal (Volunteer Photographer)
- Saya U Thauk Lin (Henry Lam, C63) – SoCal
- Saya Dr. Tin Aung (K C Chiu, ChE63) -SoCal
- U Aung Khin (EP68) – SoCal
- U Tin Nwe (EP68) – SoCal
- U Hla Min (EC69) and spouse – NorCal
- U Tommy Chan (C72) – SoCal
- Garawa at Saya U Min Wun’s house
- Lunch Gathering at Seafood Palace
U Cecil Teoh wrote :
Thanks to Ko Tin Htoon & Dr. San Lin for coordinating this Luncheon & Reunion of RIT Retirees.
Saya U Min Wun wrote :
Lunch Gathering!I have to thank you all , the RIT Alumni from near and far alike, for visiting my home to pay me respect and above all to have nice chats and also to enjoy the delicious lunch at New Seafood Palace. I am so glad to see you all as fit and healthy as can be at the age between 70 and 80. Even I am 88 years old I felt as young as you guys to have this mini-gathering. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart. Let”s keep up this noble tradition not only in Myanmar but also abroad. With Metta. Min Wun
Categories: P - T