Bo Aung Kyaw
- Ko Aung Kyaw was struck by a baton on December 20, 1938 during the third RU student boycott.
- He is a early casualty in the struggle for Burma’s independence. He was named “Bo Aung Kyaw”.
- Sparks Street was renamed as Bo Aung Kyaw Street.
- December 20 is known as “Bo Aung Kyaw Nay”.
- Ko Harry Tan, a Seventh Standard Student, was hit by a stray bullet.
- In 1956, there was a leakage of the Government Seventh Standard examination causing a protest in front .of a school in Bahan, close to Ko Harry’s house.
- All those who took the “Harry Tan Khun Hnit Tan” were declared to pass.
- Ko Aung Khin was on his way back from RUBC (Rangoon University) to his house in Windermere Road when he was hit by a stray bullet.
- He was listed in the Government newspapers as the 17th casualty of 7th July .
Phone Maw and Soe Naing
- Ko Phone Maw was hit by a stray bullet on March 13, 1988.
- Ko Soe Naing and Ko Myint Oo were also hit and hospitalized” in not-so-humane conditions.
- Ko Soe Naing succumbed to the gun shot wounds.
- Ko Myint Oo “survived”.
- The “Burma Human Rights Day” and “Phone Maw and Soe Naing Nay” became milestones in Burma’s history.
Categories: A - E