- His first nickname at the Institute of Economics was “Bo Gyoke”
because he had his hair cut like Bogyoke Aung San.
- Would get involved in lots of activities thereby earning a second nickname “Bo Shoke”
(One who gets his hands wet in things that are of no concern to him).
- Brilliant and talented student
- Would “explain” the lectures in a room to his fellow students.
Turnout to his “free tuition” was larger than that at the regular classes given by the sayas.
From Institute of Economics to UCC
- Joined the Commerce Department at the Institute of Econmoics as a tutor.
- When UCC was formed, it needed people with diverse skills.
U Mya Thein and U Thein Oo transferred to UCC.
They became Business Application Programmer / Analyst.
They went for further studies in the United Kingdom.
- Retired as Manager of Business Applications.
Brilliant and Outspoken
- Had a vast array of General Knowledge.
- Read books on Religion, Medicine, and Engineering.
- Taught at UCC and IE
- Also lectured at ITBMU (International Theravada Buddhist Missionary University).
- Was outspoken.
During a visit to UCC, ministers and deputy ministers
were standing and waiting for U San Yu.
Bo Shoke entered the room and shouted, “Sit down”.
(What a surprise!)
Like Father, Like Son
- One day Bo Shoke’s father came to UCC.
- He carried a bunch of bananas.
He asked U Tun Kywe, an army veteran serving as security,
the office of Saya U Myo Min (Manager of the Business Applications Division).
- When he found out Saya Myo was not much older than Bo Shoke,
he went downstairs and then gave the bananas to U Tun Kywe.
Categories: UCC GBNF