Su Paung Yahan Khan
Thingyan (Burmese New Year) was often celebrated by UCC staff and students with “Su Paung Yahan Khan”.
The Yahan Khan was performed at a selected monastery such as
- Kaba Aye Sunlun Gu Kyaung
- Mo Hnyin Taw Ya
- Chan Myay Yeiktha
Resident Monks (UCC Staff and/or Student)
Photo was taken in front of the UCC Building in Thamaing College Campus.
- Sayagyi Dr. Chit Swe (GBNF)
- U Win Maung
- U Hla Min
- U Tun Aung Gyaw
- U Soe Myint (GBNF)
- U Khin Maung Aye
- Daw Khin Khin Latt
U Tun Aung Gyaw (USA), U Khin Maung Aye (Singapore) and U Win Maung (Australia) are now Ph.Ds.
- Photo shows the UCC Donlabas with a resident monk from Kaba Aye Sunlun Gu Kyaung.
- There were two U Soe Myint at UCC.
- U Soe Myint (M72) retired as Pro-Rector of ICST.
He is GBNF.
- U Soe Myint (KSM) retired from UN.
Saya U Ko Ko Lay and UCC Belles
- Saya U Ko Ko Lay served as Operations Manager and Scientific Applications Manager at UCC. He later served as Professor at the Department of Computer Science (DCS) and the Institute of Computer Science and Technology (ICST).
He is GBNF
- Some UCC Belles worked or taught at UCC, DCS and ICST.
Some worked for Computer Departments at other organizations (including UN and overseas).
- Daw Nge Ma Ma Than was a Prisoner of Conscience.
She is GBNF
UCC also had a Dobat Waing organized by U Win Hlaing.
Categories: UCC ICST UCSY Gatherings