Video Broadcast : #
- Translation is the process of converting information in a Source language into a Target language.
- For example, Dhammapada has been translated from Pali into other languages (e.g. English, Burmese, French, German).
English to Burmese Translators
- Shwe Oo Daung
- Thakin Ba Thaung
- U Thein Maung (Htin Lin)
- Mya Than Tint
Burmese to English Translators
- BBS U Khin Zaw (“K”)
- U Win Pe (“Mya Zin”)
- Rev. F Lustig (“Ashin Ananda”)
- U Myint Thein (“MMT”)
Pali to English Translators
- U Pe Maung Tin
- Sayadaw U Thittila
- U Shwe Zan Aung
- Working Peoples’ Daily (WPD) published the translation of selected short stories and poems from Burmese into English.
- Thanks to Daw Khin Swe Hla (Editor, Working People’s Daily) for assigning me to translate U Thu Kha’s short story “Nge Thay Loh” in late 1969 for WPD Supplement.
I received Fifty Kyats for my translation “Still So Young”.
WPD gave Fifty Kyats to the author.
- I translated selected articles.
- Examples :
“A Glimpse of Mount Meru” by Dhamma Bheri Sayadaw
“Sea of Men” By Tekkatho Moe War
- I translated several Kabyars (Burmese poems).
- Kabyars by
Tekkatho Moe War
Maung Nyunt Htay (Ah Htet Min Hla)
Maung Yin Maung (Okpo)
Maung Sein Win (Padeegone)
Win Myint (M72)
- Some are published as “Poetic Art” series.
Categories: Broadcasts, Notes
Leave a Reply