The photos were taken at various events.
- U Thaung Sein (Steeve Kay, EC70) is a Multiple Golden Sponsor of SPZPs. He provided the seed money for designing memorabilia to be given to sayas and sayamas attending SPZP-2000, commemorative T-shirts to the organizers and volunteers, and to raise fund by selling the surplus items.
- The 69ers meet monthly for breakfast at Taw Win Hnin Sni (Royal Rose).
- They have held Annual Dinner gatherings at Panda and M3.
- They also have ad hoc gatherings to welcome 69ers from overseas.
e.g. Daw Myint Myint (C69) hosted a lunch gathering at Kandawgyi Westin Park Hotel to welcome Daw Nyunt Nyunt Wai (Millie, T69)
- During my visits to Yangon, U Ohn Khine (M70) provided rides to the SPZP meetings, HMEE-2012 meetings and selected gatherings.
- SPZP-2016 was held at the Gyogone Campus.
- Free food was provided for breakfast, lunch and dinner to all attendees.
- I was invited by U Thant Zin (M, son of Saya U Sein Shan) to the All-Mechanical Gathering held at Dolphin.
- U Hla Win and Daw Mar Mar Yee were co-emcee at the event.
- U Tin U received BSCE from the University of Oregon and MSCE from Yale University. Upon his return, he taught part-time at the Civil Engineering Department at the Faculty of Engineering, University of Rangoon. He will celebrate his 90th birthday on August 3, 2019.
- Daw Emily Ba Aye graduated with Physics Honors in 1962 along with Daw May Than Nwe (Joyce, GBNF) and my elder sister.
- Daw Myint Myint Khaing is the daughter of Arzani Mahn Ba Khaing. She transcribed the interview tapes recorded by Saya Dr. Khin Maung Swe (Tekkatho Maung Thin Char) for writing the book on Sayagyi U Ba Toke and his life journey. Sayagyi gave autographed copies of the book to U Ohn Khine and me. Sayagyi will celebrate his 99th birthday in December, 2019. He is a Phwa Bet Taw of Rangoon University and the First RU Students’ Strike.
Categories: Proj 1