- Arrived home safely on January 14, 2020.
- Heart felt thanks to all those who took care of us during the enjoyable trip to Singapore and Myanmar.
- There were several gatherings, mini-gatherings, events and trips.
- The list is not exhaustive.
Sojourn in Singapore
- Hosts : Ko Zaw Tun and Ma Kyu Kyu Hlaing
- Gatherings with UCC alumni
- Dinner hosted by Ma Pale Shein and Ko Ye
- Trip hosted by Ko Ngwe Soe (Silver) and Ma Nu Nu Yee (sister of Ko Khin Maung Thwe)
- Lunch Gathering with RIT 69ers
- Lunch Gathering with Saya U Tu Myint, 73ers …
Sojourn in Burma
PPBRS / PBRS
- Met Monty Myint Swe (PPBRS)
- Due to schedule conflict, could not attend the PBRS gatherings
- Greeted some in the PBRS FB page
- With Harry Kyaw, Dicky Taw, Edwin Hara, Victor Nyunt, Than Win, and several more Paulians, offered soon to Uzin Saya Beatson (Physics teacher and Scout Master at SPHS)
- Attended wedding of the daughter of Eddie Shein (Aung Kyaw Myint).
Met Dr. Min Lwin (SPHS60, Orthopedic Surgeon) and some OP
- Attended the Anniversary Lunch of Saya Dr. Soe Win (First in Burma in the Matriculation in 1858, son of Saya Sein, nephew of Saya Kyaw Sein) and Sayama May Saw Lwin at Saya San Shwe Bei.
Met Ko Aung Mon (RIT, RU Centennial) and spouse (daughter of H.E. U Khin Maung Yin)
- Could not attend the Christmas Eve party of the OP
- Attended the Golden Jubilee of Graduation of the 69ers and the Reunion Dinner (hosted by Ko Tin Win).
- Ma Tin Tin (lone EE female graduate) flew in from San Diego, California, USA and donated USD 1000
- Albert Kyaw Min and Danny Tint Lwin led the entertainment session.
They miss Robert Win Boh (now in hibernation after recovering twice from Stroke and once from Cancer).
- We shared merit with the GBNF (Gone But Not Forgotten) former classmates and sayas.
- Kudos to Ko Aung Min and group for organizing the Golden Jubilee of Graduation of the Class of 69. Thanks to the donors — Ma Myint Myint, Ma Tin Tin, Ivan Lee, Ko Sein Myint, Ko Zau Lai, Fred Thetgyi, Ko TAG, Ko Tin Win, … see Ko Aung Min’s spread sheet — for the successful SPZP (with 30+ sayas and sayamas) and the Reunion Dinner and Entertainment.
RIT Alumni (Other Groups)
- Attended Acariya Pu Zaw Pwe of Combined 1st BE Intake of 64 and 65 (Class of 70 and 71)
- Attended Reunion and Acariya Pu Zaw Pwe of M72 and selected from other disciplines
- Attended Indian Lunch hosted by M72
- Attended Dinner hosted by Ko Aung Myaing and Ma Gyn Yu
- Attended All Mechanical Gathering
- Could not attend mini-gathering hosted by Ko Khin Maung Myint (M71)
UCC, ICST and UCSY
- Attended Acariya Pu Zaw Pwe of ICST and UCSY.
Thanks to Mar Mar Soe for the ride.
Miss Sayagyi Dr. Chit Swe (Founder Director of UCC, Pioneer of Computer Education and Application in Burma/ Myanmar) who passed away in November, 2019
- Dinner hosted by Saya U Soe Paing and Ma Alice (Saw Yu Tint)
- UCC Gathering at MICT Park
Would try to be an Annual event
- At Tin Moe We (Sweetie)’s apartment
- Soon Kyway at Shwe Kyin monastery
- Soon Kyway by Ko Hlaing Myint
- MARB Class at the “new” venue
- Saya Dr. Aung Myin Bo gave us the ride
- Met a guest Saya The from Mandalay
- HMEE Meeting at the Holy Cross Church
- Saya U Aung Hla Tun has published a new book.
5th ILF (Irrawaddy Literary Festival)
- Held at Hotel Mercure in Mandalay.
- Thanks to ILF Board Members for inviting me as a Panelist
- Thanks to KK (SMART Group) for the transportation (air and ground travel)
- Had a chance to meet outstanding foreign and Myanmar authors at the Festival.
- During a break, Ko Thein Htut (ex-UCC) gave a quick tour.
2020 PSA Tour to Upper Burma
- Enjoyed the 8-day 6+ cities trip as a guest and volunteer mentor of the 2020 PSA (Professional Speakers Association) tour.
- Met 10+ founding members, three knowledge-hungry youngsters, and amicable supporting staff.
- Thanks to the Diamond Sponsors
(a) SMART Media
(b) POINT Sunflower Group
See list on brochures, banners and video captions
- Thanks to the Golden Sponsors
- Thanks to the Organizers (especially the Support Group)
- Attended the Annual Regatta
- Met Old Captains, Old Members and current members
- Wrote several posts in YUBC Old Members FB Page
- House warming
- Last Journey of Ma Cherry (Dr. Khin Kyi Nyunt, spouse of U Tin U)