Thanks to TOKM (Dr. Thane Oke Kyaw Myint) and VNW (Dr. Victor Nyunt Wai) for their input and feedback.
Dr. Mya Tu
- Dr. Mya Tu founded Burma Medical Research Institute (BMRI).
BMRI later became Directorate of Medical Research (DMR).
DMR had branches in Upper and Lower Burma.
- He served as Director General.
- [Per VNW] : Saya was a physiologist.
- [Per TOKM] : He and his spouse compiled a directory of medical professionals in Burma.
- He passed away at the age of 91 in Australia.
- Dr. Thein Htut and Dr. Thane Oke Kyaw Myint gave eulogies at Saya’s service.
Dr. Aung Than Ba Tu (ATBT)
- He succeeded Dr. Mya Tu.
- Saya requested UCC to give lectures on computing at BMRI.
I was a Guest Lecturer.
- [Per VNW] : Dr. ATBT, around 90 years of age, is still active, giving talks and participating in the editorial team of a certain journal.
Dr. Khin Maung Tin
- Saya was in charge of the hospital for Rangoon University.
- He succeeded Dr. ATBT.
- [Per VNW] : DrKMT, who specialized in liver diseases passed away the earliest (heard it was a heart attack); survived by Dr Daw Htay Kyi, a TB specialist.
Dr. May May Yi
- I met Sayama at the Inlay Lu Ye Chun camp in the summer of 1965.
- She is a physiologist.
- She was Professor of Physiology at the Institute of Medicine.
- She became DG at BMRI.
Dr. Than Shwe
- Dr. Than Shwe was a microbiologist.
- After retirement, he moved to USA.
- He stays active by guiding high school students for their SAT tests.
Dr. Paing Soe
- He matriculated from St. Paul’s High School in 1965.
- He was selected Lu Ye Chun.
- He was DG of DMR.
- He retired as Deputy Minister of Health.
- Dr. Thein Toe (UK, GBNF)
- Dr. Cho Nwe Oo
- Dr. Khin Kyi Nyunt (GBNF)
- Dr. Khin Maung U (FDA, USA)
- Dr. Kyaw Min (Retired as Acting DG)