- Dr. Thane Oke Kyaw Myint matriculated from SPHS in 1960.
Stood Sixth in Burma.
Won Collegiate Scholarship.
- MBBS from Institute of Medicine (1) in 1967.
- MRCP from the UK
- Founded the Alumni of Myanmar Institutes of Medicine.
- Historian for Medical Education & Practice in Burma/Myanmar.
He treats me like a family member. Our parents were Dhamma friends and sponsors of Dat Paung Zon Aung Min Gaung Pagoda and Sayadaw U Thilawuntha (Mon Sayadaw).
He was the teacher of my spouse. He took care of my then young sons.
He and his team from Rangoon Children Hospital would visit UCC to help conduct some survey (e.g. Perinatal Survey), perform computations to interpret the results.
His name was one of the candidates for determining the length of the name field used for the Burma Population Census in the 70s.
In 2006, I visited Sydney, Australia to attend three Reunions (a) RIT (b) UCC (c) SPHS. He came from Brisbane to attend the SPHS Reunion at Olympic Park. The host was Dr. Than Naing (Bonny Kywe, SPHS66, Geology).
There are several Posts about his extended family : his father, uncles, aunts, cousins, colleagues and students.
He mailed me from Australia a copy of the book “Tribute to Dr. Thane Oke Kyaw Myint : The Journey of a Peripatetic Paediatrician“.
The book was published by a group of his former students (including my cousin nephew Dr. Khin Tun (Peter Tin U, UK)) and/or colleagues as a present for his 70th birthday.
There are almost a hundred articles covering 600 pages.
- 5 articles on “Lest we forget”
- 6 articles on “Tributes”
- 33 articles on “Family and friends”
- 52 articles on “Words of tribute by friends, colleagues, and former students.
- In 2006, he came from Canberra to the Olympic Park in Sydney to attend the Old Paulian’s Lunch Gathering hosted by Dr. Thann Naing (Bonny Kywe, SPHS66).