- I attended Private Primary Boundary Road School (PPBRS) located at 109 Boundary Road (now known as Dhamma Zedi), Rangoon.
- After passing Third Standard, I moved to St. Paul’s High School.
- PPBRS was founded by Daw Tin Tin Aye, elder sister of Daw Yi and Daw Khin Khin Aye.
The school was known as “Tin Tin Aye Kyaung“.
Daw Khin Khin Aye
- Daw Khin Khin Aye (Teacher Ah Mar) succeeded Daw Tin Tin Aye as Principal.
- She later added classes for Middle School and High School and renamed the school as PBRS (Private Boundary Road School).
- Daw Khin Khin Aye’s children : Thane Myint, Kyaw Thane and Moe Moe
All attended PPBRS.
- Daw Khin Khin Aye extended classes for middle school and high school so that her children do not have to transfer to other schools.
She renamed the school as PBRS.
U Mya Than (later Dr. Mya Than) was one of the high school teachers.
PBRS opened after I had transferred to St. Paul’s High School.
- Thane Myint visited Bangkok several years back when Dr. Mya Than was healthy and still had a good memory.
Some Teachers and Activities
- I did not like to attend classes, probably because we had to get up early in the morning.
- Teacher Ku Paw was my class teacher in Infant (C) / Lower KG.
She was nice, but she decided to join her spouse in their armed struggle.
She returned to legal fold many years later.
- Teacher Kywe was my class teacher in Infant (B) / Middle KG.
She also played and taught piano.
According to my mother, the teacher transformed me into a Life Long Learner.
- My mother asked me to pay respect to Teacher Kywe every year.
She would proudly introduce me to her students.
- Sad to note that most of my teachers have passed away.
- PPBRS had a Boy Scouts Troupe.
U Bo Ni (Min Kyaw Min) was the Scout Master.
- PPBRS also held some Concerts.
- At one concert, I was dressed up as a sailor.
We sang, “When I was a sailor …”.
I do not remember what others wore or sang.
Aye Aye Myint wrote :
When I was a sailor boy …when I was a sailor boy …..when I was a sailor boy…..sailing on the sea ..
Khin Maung Oo wrote :
I remember Tin Maung Thant (son of UNSG U Thant) as husband of Winnie Cho (daughter of Teacher Cho) in one concert.
U Myint Sein (Bobby, Veda)
- Attended PPBRS.
- Matriculated from St. Paul’s High School (SPHS) in 1964.
- Received B.Com from the Institute of Economics in 1968.
- Served as Principal of BARB (Burma Astro Research Bureau).
- Founded Idea Astrology.
- Many years ago, he asked me if I and my students could help do Veda computations on calculators and computers.
Also teach his assistants and senior students programming (scientific calculators and hand held computers) at BARB.
- Under my supervision, Win Latt wrote Win Horo to prepare Zartar (Natal Horoscope).
- Zaw Tun wrote a program to perform basic analysis of the Zartar.
- Had family business, but his passion was to study and teach Medical Astrology.
Several medical doctors studied astrology with his guidance.
Some asked for his second opinion about serious medical cases.
- Thane Myint would also host the Veda sayas over lunch.
There would be some discussions (e.g. interpreting selected Zartars).
- A few years back, I visited his house.
He was consulting close friends at home.
He had prepared a book on Medical Astrology and taught at the School of Indigenous Medicine as a Visiting Professor.
- Sadly, he passed away.
- His elder brother U Myint Kyi and his younger sister had passed away earlier.
His brother-in-law operates a “Thingan” shop in front of the compound.
- According to his son, who was back in Yangon to prepare and take his examination for Master Mariner, Ko Myint Sein seemed to have no serious medical problems.
He passed out after watching TV.
- Ko Myint Swe (Monty) added that Ko Myint Sein had brunch at Okkalapa before he headed home.
- There is P.B.R.S. Group in Facebook.
It is a private group with Aye Maung Thann as Admin.
- Mya Hlaing and some members (e.g. Khin Maung Oo (Master Mariner)) also posted updates.
- Meeting / reunion at Taw Win Hnin Si
- Offering of soon at Jivitadana in memory of sayas and sayamas who had passed away
- Garawa money given to eligible sayas and sayamas
especially during the COVID-19 pandemic.
On behalf of the group, Daw Kyi Kyi Tin (Assumption University, Bangkok) gave Garawa money to Saya Dr. Mya Than
- Some PBRS alumni are GBNF.
They include Myat Hla Sein (who headed the Movies Department at Regional College).
Categories: P Q R
Leave a Reply