In our younger days, we had to study
- Active Voice
- Passive Voice.
Advice by Sayagyi Dr. Aung Gyi
Sayagyi Dr. Aung Gyi reminded us to be
- Physically Active
- Mentally Active
- Socially Active.
- One can stay physically active by walking, running, biking, swimming or exercising at a gym.
One should do proper warm up and cool down.
- Saw Maung Maung Htwe (Intake of 64) was Inter-Institute Marathon Champion.
He stays fit by running daily and competing in long distance events all over Myanmar.
He is the most senior among the active Marathoners.
In 2018, I met him in Mandalay, where he had just completed his long distance race. We had a quick chat.
In 2019, I saw him running all the way to attend the Reunion and Acaiya Pu Zaw Pwe of the Combined 1st BE Intake of 64 and 65.
- Khin Maung Myint (M71) stays active by competing in events in several countries.
He represented RIT in Rowing.
There are three Khin Maung Myint in the Class of 71.
- One can stay mentally active by reading, writing, playing word games & cards, and meditating.
- One can also exercise one’s mind (e.g. recalling the events associated with a picture).
- Ivan Lee’s mother lived up to be 102 by being mentally active.
She played Mah Jong two hours daily.
- One can stay socially active by attending events (e.g. Toastmasters International, Meetups, celebrations).
- One can also be active on the Social Media.
- I have 2600+ posts in my web site hlamin.com
I am Admin or Moderator in selected Facebook groups such as
Fun with Learning
Categories: A - E