by Myint Thin (M71)
Dr. Tin Win, son of U Kwet Kaw and Daw Hla Yi, was a Mathematics Gold Medalist in 1958 I.Sc. Examinations. He stood first in 1962 batch of B.Sc. Mech. Eng. graduates. After working at Mandalay Brewery and Distillery for one year, he joined RIT as an Assistant Lecturer in Mechanical Engineering Department in 1963. He left for Melbourne University, Australia, in 1966 and obtained the doctorate degree in 1971. In 1972, he was promoted to Lecturer and worked at RIT till 1977 when he left for USA.
After working six months at Gardner Denver in Dallas, Texas, he joined Brown & Root (Halliburton Company) in Houston and became Head of Mechanical and Piping Department in 1988. Since 1992, he has been working as a Project Manager, currently in Subsea Engineering Division of Brown & Root Energy Services Business Unit.
He married Lily (Khin Htar Yee, T72) in 1984, and both of them will be attending the RIT Reunion and Saya Pu Zaw Pwe.
- Saya is a Past President of BASES.
- Saya was interviewed by Mandalay Gazette.
- Saya ran the Los Angeles Marathon to raise fund for SPZP-2007.
- Saya is a core organizer for the 2015 RIT Alumni Reunion in Los Angeles.
- Ma Rosie, Saya’s sister, worked for RIT Chemistry department from 1965 to 1976.
- Penny, another sister, is from the class of 70.
- Ma Lily was the Secretary of BEA (in Northern California) before she moved to Texas.
- After Saya’s retirement, he and Ma Lily relocated to Los Angeles (Southern California).
- Ma Lily’s sister is from the class of A73.
- Ko Myint Thin (Peter, M71) is a multiple RIT Lu Ye Chun. He
rowed for RIT. He sponsored Sayagyi U Ba Than to one of the Singapore SPZPs. He worked in Singapore and Malaysia.