- The name literally means “Victory Gong”.
- U Aung Maung (M73) was Sayagyi U Ba Than’s right arm man.Whenever Sayagyi asked for Ko Aung Moung’s help, he will be at Winner Inn as fast as time and schedule permit.
- Sad to learn that he passed away in early January 2018.
- Met him in January 2017 at Winner Inn.
- He was visiting Sayagyi U Ba Than as well as Daw Win Mar, younger sister of his childhood friend.
- Told us that he had treatment for a medical condition, but was doing fine.
- Active in RIT-related activities including SPZPs and HMEE
- Active in several monasteris in his neighborhood.
- When the monks heard the sad news, they told his family, “Do not worry. We will arrange and come to Yae Wae for U Aung Maung’s final journey.”
- Actions speak louder than words. So true.
- Saya U Tun Shwe, Saya U Lin, Saya U Nyunt Htay, U Han Sein, U Tin Tun Aung, U Than Po, U Kyaw Kyaw and several alumni showed up at the Ye Way Crematorium/Cemetery.
Categories: 1972 - 1979
Leave a Reply