- Before, during and after SPZP-2012, informal and formal discussions led by Saya U Moe Aung (Tekkatho Moe War) on forming Swel Daw Yeik Foundation (SDYF) took place.
- At that time, there was no formal Alumni Association.
- SDYF’s primary objective was to help engineering students and engineering sayas of the past, present and future.
- SDYF’s secondary objective was to be cost-effective. SDYF will incur little or no overhead.
- The ideas were supported by sayas and alumni (notably U Khin Maung Tun (T78) who pledged and/or donated K1500+ Lakhs).
- Saya U Moe Aung (Patron) and team published brochures and pamphlets.
- First Annual General Meeting (AGM)
- U Khin Maung Tun (President) led by example. He hosted lunch meetings, and donated to noble causes.
- SDYF voted to provide Health Care for eligible sayas and sayamas
- Initial support: 1 – 2 Lakhs per saya requiring hospitalization
- Co-sponsored the Shwe YaDu Celebrations
- Planted 50 Swel Daw Bins
- Paved Shwe YaDu Lann
- Set up Shwe YaDu Benches
- U Wynn Htain Oo (Patron) posted events and activities [co]hosted by SDYF
- Second AGM
- Extended Health Care for eligible sayas and sayamas
- Health Care Support: 4 Lakhs per eligible saya
- Singapore alumni (Khine Khine Win and team) volunteered to provide K50,000 for eligible says.
- Daw Nan Khin Nwe, Sayama Daw Khin Sandar Tun, U Tin Oo, and Daw Khine Khine Win visited the eligible sayas and sayamas and offered “token support” (currently K4.5 lakhs) for their health care.
- Donated to SPZP-2016
- U Tin Latt prepared a report of SDYF objectives and activities
- Saya U Moe Aung composed a song for SDYF.
- Third AGM
- Considered Case-by-case for Health Care
- Support for sayas requiring frequent medical treatment
- Support for sayas and sayamas from “supporting” (non-engineering departments)
- The balance of “Steeve and Helen Kay Health Care Fund for RIT Sayas and Sayamas” was handed over to SDYF.
- The balance of “U Khin Maung Tun & family’s Fund to provide Eye Care for RIT Sayas and Sayamas” was handed over to SDYF.
- Annual medical check up was performed for eligible sayas at Grand Hanta. Kudos to May Nge and team.
- Vision checkup and follow up treatment (e.g. cataract operation) were offered to eligible sayas.
- Health care support was provided (on a case-by-case basis) to sayas (e.g. U Kyaw Sein, U Ohn Maung) requiring long-term care.
- Health care support was provided to a sayama who had her leg amputated.
- Provided support (e.g. 4.5 Lakhs) to eligible sayas and sayamas for hospitalization
- Continued support for eligible sayas and sayamas that have been approved to have long term care
- Annual Medical and Vision Checkup for eligible sayas and sayamas.
Categories: Rangoon Institute of Technology