- In our younger days, one US Dollar traded at 5 – 6 kyats, and one Sterling Pound around 12 – 13 kyats.
- The bills were signed by Sithu U Kaung and U San Lin.
- The money issued had a backing by Gold Reserve
- The Old Receipt is a testament of the purchasing power.
- On the 20th of June, 1979, twenty five students (mostly members of the RIT Automobile Club) bade farewell to Saya U Myo Win (M/Ag65, GBNF).
- A bowl of rice costs 50 pyas.
- The entree items cost 3.50 Kyats to 5 Kyats.
Members who bade farewell to Saya U Myo Win on 20th June, 1979
- Tin Maung Swe (6th Yr) Taung Oo
- Lu Aye (6th Yr) Kyauk Phyu
- Min Soe (6th Yr) Moulmein
- Po Cho (6th Yr) Ye Oo Myo
- Tin Maung Zaw (6th yr) Mingaladon, Yangon
- Win Win Thein (5th Yr) Kamayut , Yangon
- Thein Lwin (5th Yr) Mogok
- Hla Cho Oo (5th Yr) Yangon
- Cho Tun (5th Yr) Yangon
- Min Han (5th Yr) Yangon
- Kyaw Kyaw (5th Yr) Kyauk se
- Zaw Hein Kyaw (5th yr) Kalaw
- Myint Thaung (4th Yr) Salin
- Thaung Aye (4th Yr) Insein, Yangon
- Aung Than (4th yr) Thein zayat
- Maung Maung Than (4th Yr) Yenan chaung
- Hla Min (3rd Yr) Yangon
- Aung Zey Ya (3rd Yr) Yangon
- Kyan Aung+ Nwe Nwe Tin ( ?) Wet le
Categories: Rangoon Institute of Technology