- Burma Medical Research Institute (BMRI) was founded by Dr. Mya Tu.
Saya served as Director General.
Compiled “Magnum Opus” with Daw Khin Htar Yee
One covers “Who’s who in Medicine in Burma?”
Another covers “Who’s who in Health Systems in Burma?”
Saya passed away in Australia.
Dr. Thane Oke Kyaw Myint posted about Saya’s Memorial Service.
- He was succeeded as Director General by
Dr. Aung Than Ba Tu (ATBT)
Dr. Khin Maung Tin
Dr. Daw May May Yi
- BMRI later became Directorate of Medical Research (DMR)
- The DGs include
Dr. Than Swe
Dr. Paing Soe
Young Researchers (BMRI-DMR)
Photo and Annotation : Dr. Nyunt Wai (Victor)
L to R:
- U Aung Myint
- Dr. Htay Htay
- Saya (Professor Mya Tu)
- Dr. Myo Thein
- U Ba Aye (Statistician
- Dr. Pe Thaung Myint (Sports Medicine)
- Dr Htin Kyaw (Physiologist)