- Dr. Mya Tu founded Burma Medical Research Institute (BRMI) and served as its Director.
He was succeeded by Dr. Aung Than Ba Tu (ATBT).
BMRI later became Directorate of Medical Research (DMR).
Saya passed away a few years back in Australia.
- Daw Khin Thet Hta (Jenny) is Saya’s wife.
She headed the Statistics Department at BMRI.
- They co-authored “Who’s Who in Health and Medicine in Burma/Myanmar” (Two editions).
- There was an attempt to update it, but did not happen.
- Dr. Thane Oke Kyaw Myint e-mailed me a soft copy of “Who’s Who in Heath and Medicine (in Burma/Myanmar)” (Second edition).
He referred to the work as Magnum Opus.