- He never forgot his alma mater.
- During his tenure as Minister of Science and Technology, he initiated and/or implemented programs to restore RIT to its former glory and to allow “True Home Coming” at the Gyogone Campus in December 2012.
- He was transferred to another Ministry before he could help his alma mater more (e.g. get accredited at the ASEAN level and beyond).
- He attended SPZP-2012 and gave a speech.
- He and fellow EE72 students paid respect to the EE Sayas in December, 2017.
- When we organized the First RIT Grand Reunion and Saya Pu Zaw Pwe in October 2000, we were told that RIT is a dying breed.
Someone reminded us that Class Reunions are held as part of the Home Coming at the campuses.
- Tears of sorrow fell from many sayas and alumni when they learned that their alma mater has been branded as a “Thabon Kyaung” (by U Thaung and his toadies) and that the Swel Daw Bins had been decimated.
- Many felt that they would never see their alma mater in good shape again.
- U Aye Myint (EP72, Minister for Science and Technology) did not forget his roots.
He made possible the True Home Coming at the Gyogone Campus in 2012.
Sadly for us, he was posted to another Ministry before he could help his alma mater to the fullest.
- Tears of joy fell from many sayas and alumni when they learned that SPZP-2012 will be held in the Gyogone Campus.
- In December 2014, Swel Daw Bins bloomed once again.
Shwe YaDu Lann and Swel Daw benches brought more tears of joy.
- Tears of joy continued to fall when the free day long SPZP-2016 was held in the Gyogone Campus with the sponsorship of the RITAA.
Categories: 1972 - 1979